Aug 23, 2011
Milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't Own one yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi all,
I am a Newbie to this forum and to motor caravaning. We have been camping for 30+ Years mainly in tents have had caravans as well. we are looking to buy a new motor caravan and are doing our homework.
We are looking at the smaller van conversions as it will be our main vehicle as well. So any advice would be gratefully received. The bilbo Lezan as so far caught our Eye but it has 12v only fridge.

By for now
Graham (Campy) G1RNZ

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi and Welcome to MH fun:welcomefunster:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Graham, yes a gas fridge is a must, especially in a small go-anywhere motohome that may well find you camping off site:thumb: Welcome to the fun:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
campy

campy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
Milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't Own one yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi Graham, yes a gas fridge is a must, especially in a small go-anywhere motohome that may well find you camping off site:thumb: Welcome to the fun:Smile:

Thanks for the advice, Have also picked up a copy of motorhome buyers guide (for kindle)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but it has 12v only fridge.
Graham (Campy) G1RNZ

There are 12V fridges and 12V fridges. Our old design cannot run fully on 12V but modern compressor fridges are much more efficient, you need to ask them how much it takes out of the battery.

Terrible compromise you have, for the same cash you can live in relative luxury or have something small and cramped but good for every day. I think you lose whatever you do. Alternative, caravan or C class van and a cheap Punto.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back