Malvern (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well we are back from Malvern:RollEyes: Thanks to Bob & Jane for their marshalling, ad to the Ukelele team for their entertainment. Status Quo will never sound the same, thank you. We bought a Double Skillet for Edds daughter, new ramps - left the old ones or Tim, hope you needed some. The down side for us was the HD Sat box we bought at PPeterborough flattened the batteries. RoadPro are going to look at it and replace if needed or repair. Alll in all a great weekend. Thanks

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
and us :Smile:

First one for us, but first of many i hope ::bigsmile:

Lost some weight as well....but only in the wallet:Doh:, although i did build some muscle carrying 'stuff' back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks Bob & Jane for a well organised meet. Done loads over the years but never Malvern, what a great meet, a load of cowboys running around with guns. Good job I let the indians know :winky:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Our first one - we felt very welcomed :thumb:

Thanks to everyone who made it possible :thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well we are back from Malvern:RollEyes: Thanks to Bob & Jane for their marshalling, ad to the Ukelele team for their entertainment. Status Quo will never sound the same, thank you. We bought a Double Skillet for Edds daughter, new ramps - left the old ones or Tim, hope you needed some. The down side for us was the HD Sat box we bought at PPeterborough flattened the batteries. RoadPro are going to look at it and replace if needed or repair. Alll in all a great weekend. Thanks

Hey Dave (and Mrs Dave)
Mystery solved, Thanks so much for that, you would not believe, but looked all weekend for a small set of levelers to no availe (bought everything else!!) so to come back today to find a pair under the van was such a nice supprise but nobody knew who?? so they are under the wheels right now, and tonight I will sleep tight without feeling like I'm going to roll out of bed.
So thanks again Dave and look foreward to seeing you and the Misses next time.:thumb:

Tim & Jen

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Bob and Jane for your hard work this weekend. Very enjoyable, meeting friends old and new. Hopefully see you both soon.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Still here at Malvern, have been sat outside in the sun since around 6am getting a bit of work done. We still have around 50 funsters here. Most are still fast asleep, but a few are stirring, I can hear the velcro of a sliver screen being peeled back and I can smell some bacon being cooked. We have had a lovely weekend. Big thanks to Bob and Jane did a great job marshalling, they were fantastic:thumb: We had a ball and are looking forward to the next funster gathering already ::bigsmile::thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Second time for Malvern for us,love all the sheriffs and cowboys and Indians roaming around.
Had a great weekend resisted all efforts by the traders to sell me a new van but got some great purchases especially some milenco levelers good stuff, thanks to Bob and Jane for a great meet:thumb::thumb:

And thanks to him up there for some great weather could have been much worse if it had been pouring down all week, just a small hiccup Saturday but great the rest of the weekend:thumb:

Thanks to Mick and Bob for showing us the light, now we know what we really really want!!!! American jobbies all the way!!

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Our thanks also to Bob & Jane for all the hard work marshalling. Also appreciated was the work put into the bacon butties on Sunday. The Marquee entertainment was also superb.

Mention also thanks to Bob (Slobadoberbob) for his as always great BBQ skills & Nanny Jan for front row seats for Wales v Argentina.

It was lovely to meet friends old & new on such a large scale & hope to do so again soon.

Griffs
(Clive & Rhian)

:Smile::Smile::Smile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Wonderful Malvern Meet - photo attached

We are back from Malvern, many thanks to Bob & Jane for their marshalling. Brilliant!

Thought you might like this photo of the US Cavalry we took for those that missed it. Not sure which 'caption' I should use................

Attachments

• cleaning my cannon.jpg
    cleaning my cannon.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 30
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Yup, well done Bob and Jane for the marshalling, even if your assitant wasn't up to the task:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good weekend, not enough time, never is, some hello's became good byes at the same time despite best efforts, looking forward to the next meet::bigsmile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Finally managed to drag ourselves away - we could easily have stayed another week!

Great hosting - thanks Bob & Jane.

Great company - we raised ÂŁ55.83 for Cancer Research when people paid for us to stop playing (I think ::bigsmile:)

Apologies to Ludo for keeping him awake last night :winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Arrived back home around 2pm.

Thanks to Bob & Jane for the marshalling, Janine & Barry for the music, all the bacon butty preparers and all the Funsters who made it a great weekend as usual.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
thank you bob and jane,for organizing a great weekend:thumb:
met some realy nice funsters,who gladly donated ÂŁ30 to my back pocket:ROFLMAO:
as i had no1:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had a great time at the Malvern Show, it was good to spend some time with our Funster friends both old and new. Our thanks to Bob & Jane for marshalling the Funsters pitch. Thanks also to the Bacon Roll Crew who did a great job on Sunday morning. Last but not least our thanks to Janine & Barry for entertaining us in the marquee and for the ukulele lessons. Looking forward to our next Funster meet.

Brisey & Pam

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
another excellent funsters weekend :thumb:

my thanks also go to Bob n Jane for all the hard work they put in over the weekend and to the 'chefs extrodinaire' for the bacon banjo's on sunday morning.

nice to meet friends old and some new, and to dismiss the myth i'm an old fart running around on a mobility scooter :roflmto:

sat outside the RV on a smashing C&CC site 7 miles south of Oswestry, on a gravel hardstanding using their free wifi service :thumb::thumb:

bit of traffic noise from the A5 but is not bad.

putting up my 'FUN' flag so anyone on the site call on over for a beer/coffee/tea.

and for those going to Oswestry, see you all on thursday. :thumb:

Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
hi all .thank you bob,jane and of course jim had a great time .met some really nice people this week end and enjoyed ,

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Back home now, picked a 80wat solar panel kit up on the way home from a place in Bromsgrove, a lot cheaper than the show, all we got to do now is fit it ::bigsmile:

A big, thankyou to Bob & Jane, fantastic marshalls.
A big thankyou to all those funsters who cooked our sunday breakfast.
A big thankyou to Janine and Barry for our uke lessons and for the entertainment, we really enjoyed ourselves.
::bigsmile:A BIG THANKYOU TO ALL YOU FUNSTERS FOR HELPING US HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME::bigsmile:, back home now :Sad:

Kate Bill Amanda xxxx

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
I am so pleased you all had a great time but I am very envious as I missed it.

Looking forward to Lincoln - thats if we ever get in, will have to ring tomorrow to see if they gor the booking OK.:Doh:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we would also like to thank Bob and Jane for a great weekend. we met lots of friend, old and new. Thanks to Janine and Barry for the entertainment saturday night. And a special thanks to Geo and everyone who helped to fix our awning so we could get home :Smile::Smile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Many thanks to Bob & Jane for their skills over the weekend - you were right the Big Pile of Poo did not smell so had a great weekend and no we were not kept awake by the funsters in the Fun Tent !! Met up with many friends old and new but so many there that we never got around to them all !!

Now at Chapel Lane CC site and parked alongside Dixie ( Jayne and JJ ) for a few days

Tackleberry

Free Member
May 27, 2011
Buckley Flintshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel elkridge expres
Exp
5years
Many thanks to Bob and Jane for the marshalling i didn't realise there is so much to do also for the bacon butties on sunday kept me going till i got homenice to finally meet some of the faces to go with the names hopefully Sam didn't annoy too many people and we will all meet again soon:thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Guys
Just got back home after our first meet at Malvern, big thanks to Bob & Jane for making us so welcome and to Jim for the regular visits to let us know what was going on (as did Bob & Jane) :thumb:
Also a big thanks to all the funsters we met, for the advice, water and gifts, thanks again.:thumb:
Even though we were a bit shy, it was great to put some faces to the names and I'm sure we have made some great friends and can't wait for the next time.:Smile:

Tim, Jen, Billy & Pippy

Ps. Promise to make more effort in the quiz next time Bob & Jane:winky:

PPs Can you all make sure we close our roof vents before we leave next time:thumb::roflmto::roflmto:

PPPs Just off to book tickets for malverns:thumb:

Last edited:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I will add mt thanks to Bob and Jane for a great meet, sorry I did not get round to many folk this time but all I did was seem to sleep and shop :ROFLMAO: spent a fortune :cry: but hey what's new I will make an effort next time.

All the best Rick

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
All this thanks makes us feel very special :ROFLMAO: You will be pleased to know that we too had a really good time at Malvern :thumb: It takes everybody to make an event go well. So we would like to thank all the attending Funsters for their part in the show and hope that we see you all again soon! Jane, Bob and Izzy ::bigsmile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Bob & Jane
Many thanks for all your work at Malvern:thumb::thumb::thumb:
We know we didn't get so involved with the meet-------but we did what WE WANTED to do---------------and had a great meet::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
We travelled a massive 17 miles from the show---now parked up waiting to attend our next meet
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back