Free Member
Aug 20, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
looking for rental
Exp
Hi,

My name is Heather and I was advised to join here for advice.
I run the North East link of the Chernobyl Childrens Life Line, and we are having a charity "miles for smiles" event in May 2012.
we aim to drive to Chernobyl (15-ish travellers in total) with supplies of medication and school supplies,
I need advice on what to look for (and possibly recommendations for rental companies) that could help us.

thanks in advance :Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Why not ty chatting up the National Rental firms, like Avis, Hertz, they have the vehicles and they could publicise it with slogans on the vans.

Good publicity for them and they can afford it

Peter

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Motorhomes are probably (if thats why you are posting here) the most unsuitable vehicle for this type of event. apart from the fact that they can carry very little in the way of goods/supplies etc due to being nearly overweight anyway, they "can" be a little heavy on fuel, and do not have much capacity for passengers (ie some 5 berth motorhomes only have two or three seats with seatbelts).
For this type of trip, where you would require passenger carrying capacity, goods carrying capacity, fuel efficency, spares availability and the resources of a large club etc, i would approach Landrover clubs.
The best place to get help is Lro.Com, it may be worth your while contacting the editor of the LRO magazine, who is John Pearson. If ive misread your reason for being directed toward M/H's, i apologise.

OP
OP
C

chernobylkids

Free Member
Aug 20, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
looking for rental
Exp
we were looking at motorhomes as it would also provide sleeping/cooking facilities for our visit...
some of the families we help have 10 people living in a 1 bedroomed flat and with no local hotels/B&B's it is something we need to consider ::bigsmile:

x

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Why not ty chatting up the National Rental firms, like Avis, Hertz, they have the vehicles and they could publicise it with slogans on the vans.

Good publicity for them and they can afford it

Peter

pete has some motor homes he could lend for a good cause , may be , im sure the kids who sufferd could do with a good night sleep on the way ?? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

chernobylkids

Free Member
Aug 20, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
looking for rental
Exp
pete has some motor homes he could lend for a good cause , may be , im sure the kids who sufferd could do with a good night sleep on the way ?? :thumb:

::bigsmile:

we have contacted some of the national press to cover our story including our journey in pictures, so whoever supports us will have alot of press coverage.... we are hoping this will provide a huge incentive for a company to offer us the use of 2 motorhomes, AND as it is a (registered) charitable event the cost of letting the vans can be claimed as a business expense so essentially the tax man would be paying for it :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back