swift cover.com scam (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
insurance scam by most companies

I had a slight collision with the cerb and knocked the front wheel and hit a small tree putting a slight dent in front wing

as i was fully comp i contacted the insurance and they said take it to there repairer
this i did and i was told the car would probably be written off as the cost of wing and paint labour where more than the car was worth
a 1951 plate Ford fiesta

I took it to a friend and he said i can fix it for £100 so i contacted swift cover and said i would not make a claim and fix it myself
they then put it on their record it was a fault claim increased my renewal by over £200
my other car was due for renewal this month as this is now on record as a fault claim it cost me another £320 on top of my renewal

insurance companies are ripping us off
your buggered if your honest these days :Eeek:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
insurance scam by most companies

I had a slight collision with the cerb and knocked the front wheel and hit a small tree putting a slight dent in front wing

as i was fully comp i contacted the insurance and they said take it to there repairer
this i did and i was told the car would probably be written off as the cost of wing and paint labour where more than the car was worth
a 1951 plate Ford fiesta

I took it to a friend and he said i can fix it for £100 so i contacted swift cover and said i would not make a claim and fix it myself
they then put it on their record it was a fault claim increased my renewal by over £200
my other car was due for renewal this month as this is now on record as a fault claim it cost me another £320 on top of my renewal

insurance companies are ripping us off
your buggered if your honest these days :Eeek:

and if you ever get insurance from a new place you have to say you made a claim or you will not be covered in event of another mishap...its all on big brother.....I agree honesty gets ya in all sorts of problems.

my neighbour had 2 brand new cars stolen from his drive..there was footage on cctv cams and the police recovered the cars but she still had to do a lie detector interview with the insurance company.....

GB has gone barmy

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
and if you ever get insurance from a new place you have to say you made a claim or you will not be covered in event of another mishap...its all on big brother.....I agree honesty gets ya in all sorts of problems.

my neighbour had 2 brand new cars stolen from his drive..there was footage on cctv cams and the police recovered the cars but she still had to do a lie detector interview with the insurance company.....

GB has gone barmy

further to that..maybe we should have a lie detector test on the companies and ask em if they are gonna pay out or make problems if we claim....wonder how many would pass

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If you haven’t made a claim and the insurers are not out of pocket then what is the reason for the additional policy charges. As I remember the question is have you made any claims in the last X years. You haven’t.

If you put a dent in your car and no other parties are involved then what has this to do with your insurers. :Eeek:
Get on to them and tell them to correct their records.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Insurance companies are about as honest as Bankers
Bankers are about as honest as politicians
Politicians are about as honest as money changers.

And you know how honest money changers are, Jesus threw them out of the Synagogue 2000 years ago and they have not changes since that day.

Doug...

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Insurance companies are about as honest as Bankers
Bankers are about as honest as politicians
Politicians are about as honest as money changers.
And you know how honest money changers are, Jesus threw them out of the Synagogue 2000 years ago and they have not changes since that day.

Doug...
Rhetoric although very nice to whistle too it won’t get his insurers to correct his insurance history. :whatthe:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
and the reason they put your policy up is that to them it is likely that you will have another accident within the 12mths, also be aware that if their repairers have said write off that if you keep the car on their insurance when you do have a biggy with it even if its another parties fault they will turn around and tell you we shouldnt of insured your vehicle cos it was a write off from your last accident and will not pursue your claim as has happened to my daugther with swift. They also dont tell you to get it vic checked once repaired if classed as a write off and a new mot.

My daugthers car was bumped drivers side just over 12mths ago, bonnet, headlight,front wing, and the built in bumper, she was in work at the time and someone reversed into her car but did honestly leave a note with contact details etc, she notified swift and they contacted the other insurers, the other insurers wrote daughters car off due to cost e.g. parts + labour+ paint more than 60% of value, she bought it back and we had the repair done, swift at renewal offered to reinsure so she accepted the premium went up by £35 a month due they said partly to do with all insurances rising and because in their experience she could have another bump within 12mths (Famous last words - even a hex on the vehicle). Well yes within 12 mths a motorbike has hit her (wet weather too tight round a bend lost it and over onto her side of the road and into her vehicle) and swift do not want to know and are infact saying she didnt inform them her car was written off after the previous bump and she hasnt had a vic done and they dont insure written off vehicles no matter which category and to keep her insurance she had 7 days to get another car or she had to pay the remaining amount due on the policy. The claim for the accident is now in the hands of a solicitor, once that is being sorted we will be on to the ombudsman

sorry for the long post but steer clear of swift

I think you will find that if you took it to one of their repairers it will of been logged and what the repairer told you will of been logged

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
If you haven’t made a claim and the insurers are not out of pocket then what is the reason for the additional policy charges. As I remember the question is have you made any claims in the last X years. You haven’t.

If you put a dent in your car and no other parties are involved then what has this to do with your insurers. :Eeek:
Get on to them and tell them to correct their records.

The reason for the additional policy charges will be because, they have been informed by the insured, that he was involved in an accident....

So no matter whether they repaired the vehicle or it was repaired by a third party, the insured has been involved in a recent accident and so they are going to use that as a reason to load the policy...

Very unfortunate...... and expensive:cry:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I think you should accept, that it is a write off, Yes I know you think its not, but to beat them, play the game their way. Either way your Premium is going up.

Did you have your no claims protected by the way?, It's really worth while paying that bit extra.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
and if you ever get insurance from a new place you have to say you made a claim or you will not be covered in event of another mishap...its all on big brother.....I agree honesty gets ya in all sorts of problems

guess what ??? they have all ready put it on the data base that all the companys use so it there all ready,,,, but if you dont tell them your insurance is invalid :Eeek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think you should accept, that it is a write off, Yes I know you think its not, but to beat them, play the game their way. Either way your Premium is going up.
Did you have your no claims protected by the way?, It's really worth while paying that bit extra.
Not worth the trouble, by the time they take your excess from their own low valuation of the vehicle This will be reduced by every past blemish or mark on the vehicle, you will end up with nothing and the loss assessors will be laughing all the way to the bank on your future policy increase. Then you will also need to find a replacement to boot.:cry:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
All you can do is shop around thats all you can do. My wife had one accident in 10 years so although we have protected NCB the premium went up £300 so we left Adrian Flux and saved about £230 off the premium.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Sorry the fact is that there was an accident, and accident history - as well as claims history and convictions - are all part of the risk assessment and hence determine the premium. It is always a condition of insurance policies that the company is told about these, and if you don't you risk not being covered.

Yes we all probably stay clear of insurance companies for minor issues but we are taking a risk by so doing.

As a general statement I think most of us would agree that higher risk drivers should pay more, that way lower risk drivers pay less! But yes its a bit tough in the circumstances described.

As someone else said, protected no claims bonus is worth paying the extra for (but be aware that the protected part is not transferable to other companies).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back