lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Norman when i clicked on your link this happened.
Macafee brought up a page with this message
Gerry

Warning: Dangerous Site

Whoa!
Are you sure you want to go there?
jlwd.co.uk may try to steal your information.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it may be designed to trick you into submitting your financial or personal information to online scammers. This is a serious security threat which could lead to identity theft, financial losses or unauthorized use of your personal information.
More about 'phishing' attacks

View our detailed report about jlwd.co.uk

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
You would think by now people would know 'if it seems too good to be true, it probably is' and see through these. Always has + symbols between each word of the sub-title and always a buy-it-now of £5400. Same seller has been putting on these ads for well over a year.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had a phone call from a company wishing to give us a free monitored house alarm system. This is not actually illegal, but steering close to the wind. Apparently they charge the earth for the ongoing monitoring costs, and also the alarms some of them fit are pretty rubbish.

Never buy anything from a cold caller is my motto;

looks more official as 'Nunquam sumo quisquam ex a gelu salutor' :roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Apparently they charge the earth for the ongoing monitoring costs, and also the alarms some of them fit are pretty rubbish.

on first reading I thought it read .. "change the earth" :Doh: :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
He has been busted, with all the software technology ebay have you woukd have thought they had a robot to auto delete these scam listings by now, cant be rocket science to do that.

Not Found

The requested URL /Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles/Campers, Caravans & Motorhomes/Campervans & Motorhomes/2004 CI Carioca 656 Fiat Motorhome/2004 CI CARIOCA 656 FIAT MOTORHOME.htm was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at cgi.ebay.co.jlwd.co.uk Port 80

nickymac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
fiat
Exp
scam or not

He has been busted, with all the software technology ebay have you woukd have thought they had a robot to auto delete these scam listings by now, cant be rocket science to do that.

Not Found

The requested URL /Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles/Campers, Caravans & Motorhomes/Campervans & Motorhomes/2004 CI Carioca 656 Fiat Motorhome/2004 CI CARIOCA 656 FIAT MOTORHOME.htm was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at cgi.ebay.co.jlwd.co.uk Port 80

does any one know if this is scam or not, any info would help me.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
does any one know if this is scam or not, any info would help me.
certainly was, and the listing has been removed.

a few things to look for if you aint too sure about a listing...

'approved ++ bidders ++ only' in the title

click on their feedback score.....it will bring up a page saying "a problem has occured"

click on their screen name....it will go to "my world" and there will be no profile for the seller.

a genuine seller will show a profile and feedback list.

always worth doing this if you plan on buying/bidding an item as it may only be a ten quid item but you'll never get it and the money will disappear.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
******* hell if its a van worth say £20k being advertised for £5400 its ****** obvious, if it was genuine I would have bought it as soon as it appeared!

Peter

beats me why the scammers dont list a 'below average' but realistic price......say £15k for a £20k van instead of the usual £6k.
a relatively new van at £6k is either f**ked, stolen or a scam.

its only greed that gets the idiot buyers attention but a more realistic price would attract a lot more interest from a lot more potential 'victims'.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I got singlehop the hosting provider to remove the subdomain totally as it has been used for scamming for quite some time now.

It took some persuading for them to take full action on it though so not overly impressed with them.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I got singlehop the hosting provider to remove the subdomain totally as it has been used for scamming for quite some time now.

It took some persuading for them to take full action on it though so not overly impressed with them.

Remind them that taking payment of any kind for a known scam is money laundering that usually gets their attention::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back