Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello All,
Bought a Elddis Autostratus CX a few weeks back and we got this bad smell coming from out of the shower plug hole it got to be coming from the waste
tank I have flusted it out about a half a dozen times and it is still there is there any thing that I can flush is out with to kill the smell?

Cheers Dave.

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Hi & Welcome. There are a couple of threads on this forum from people with the same problem, but the general advice given seems to be: Pour some biological washing liquid into the plugholes followed by a little water leave for a couple of days and then rinse out with fresh water.
Geoff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, you can also buy a wastewater pipe and tank cleaner from caravan accessory shops, I take it you have an onboard waste water tank, usually there is no water trap between the shower and the tank hence the smell coming from the shower, its usually from a mixture of old milk,fat residue which hasnt been flushed out properly when emptied down the kitchen sink.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi & welcome,:thumb::welcomefunster:

We have solved the problem by putting sterlising tablets down the plugholes adding some water and leaving it in the tank for a while or drive for a few minutes to swish it around, this usually solves the problem. There is also a product tank fresh that can be added to the tank.
Hope this helps

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Dave
What I do is to empty a 2 ltr bottle of coke down the plug holes in to a empty tank add a little water, take the MH for a run, when you empty into a bucket it will be full of rubbish then a bottle of scented disinfectant should then smell a lot better. Peter and welcome to the site. :thumb::thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Isn't there a trap below the shower waste? The traps on ours are quite shallow and can become dry in very warm weather and / or lots of hilly travelling. I check the traps quite regularly and add a bit of water if needed. This stops the smells coming up from the tank.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello All,
Bought a Elddis Autostratus CX a few weeks back and we got this bad smell coming from out of the shower plug hole
Cheers Dave.

No room for a U bend to trap the smells, just make sure the plug is kept in.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Do it and do it now !!

Brian....Oh Please!... Shave your bloody beard off !! It makes you look like a hillbilly !! And an old one at that !! Nice to have met you with the lovely French tree frog in tow !!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Welcome

This stuff is for cleaning tanks put some in and leave it while you go for a run its sold at most caravan and motorhome dealers

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back