Doubletrees Farm, near St Austell (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We did arrive and said a quick hello but I was out voted so we drove to Eden project to save the walk.

Will be back later tonight

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Yup I did know about saving but it was all walk or I pay the extra. They voted 3 to1 to drive!

:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We briefly met on Chat, and I was a bit cheeky, unfortunately, looking after daughters place while she holidays in Scotland, maybe next time you are here in Clay Country::bigsmile: .

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We briefly met on Chat, and I was a bit cheeky, unfortunately, looking after daughters place while she holidays in Scotland, maybe next time you are here in Clay Country::bigsmile: .

Oh yes I remember talking to you on chat! :Smile: Were you cheeky? I don't remember!

We're here till Sunday 4th Sept! When are you back?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Yep we stayed there some years ago the old owner nice guy asked us to wait while he mowed our pitch (no problem) later he came back with 2 fresh eggs from his chickens for our breakfast,he also offered to kennel our dog in his purpose built kennel so that we could go to the eden project (nice touches) we will def go back next time we are down in cornwall. Terry
:thumb:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Yep we stayed there some years ago the old owner nice guy asked us to wait while he mowed our pitch (no problem) later he came back with 2 fresh eggs from his chickens for our breakfast,he also offered to kennel our dog in his purpose built kennel so that we could go to the eden project (nice touches) we will def go back next time we are down in cornwall. Terry
:thumb:

That's just typical of Dennis - lovely guy! He's sort of retired now and his daughter has taken over. She's lovely too. You may have met her when you were here - she used to clean the shower block etc. Dennis still wanders around the site talking to everyone!:Smile:
We love it here and come back regularly a few times a year!:thumb::thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We'll be there later

Hi Marie

I shall be down there with my sister around 18 Sept, so will miss you unfortunately. I had picked this site out anyway, but nice to hear that it is so good. Warn Dennis that we are coming!

Best regards

Catherine

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We're on Doubletrees Farm, St Blazey Gate near St Austell now and staying for 2½ weeks.:thumb::thumb:

Any other Funsters here or due to arrive?

I can see by Google maps that fitting a 10m RV on site would be OK but would we have a problem with access to the site? Some of them Cornish lanes a bit darn narrow :Sad:

We are planning to spend a couple of weeks that way some time next year and was probably going to Carnyvick but would be nice to split the time up.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Marie

I shall be down there with my sister around 18 Sept, so will miss you unfortunately. I had picked this site out anyway, but nice to hear that it is so good. Warn Dennis that we are coming!

Best regards

Catherine

Shame we'll miss you Catherine :Sad: We'll be back here for a few days in October before getting the Plymouth to Roscoff ferry and following the geese south! ::bigsmile:

I can see by Google maps that fitting a 10m RV on site would be OK but would we have a problem with access to the site? Some of them Cornish lanes a bit darn narrow :Sad:

We are planning to spend a couple of weeks that way some time next year and was probably going to Carnyvick but would be nice to split the time up.

You'd be OK with care! You don't have to go very far off the main road to get to the site and it's not very narrow anyway - been down lots worse! Just have to be careful with the right turn into the site as it's on a bend. Be carefull over which way you enter the area as sat navs sometimes try and send you down narrow lanes. The best way is to follow the St Austell signs from the A30 down the A391 to the by-pass A390 then turn left towards Par / Lostwithiel. Straight on at roundabout past The Brittania and in St Blazey Gate turn left up Luxulyan Rd (I think it's signposted Bodelva) Then after a few yards it's right into the site!
Hope this helps :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back