Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Hola guys
off to France in 2 weeks with the 1st stop at Cambrils (llosa) camping card site in Spain. Been on their web site and its full of trees. My bus is at least 3 meters high, does anyone know if this is a prob there. We will then use aires in Leucate Plage before finishing up at Carcassonne
Cheers
David:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hola guys
off to France in 2 weeks with the 1st stop at Cambrils (llosa) camping card site in Spain. Been on their web site and its full of trees. My bus is at least 3 meters high, does anyone know if this is a prob there. We will then use aires in Leucate Plage before finishing up at Carcassonne
Cheers

If I were you I would hasten through France quickly just in case any of the French authorities read MotorhomeFun posts... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Lest we forget... a recent post..

"Typical FROGS Rude and bloody bad mannered. Only time i let on to a frog is when i wave at a passing motorhome before i realise its a FROG
ps dont know how the better half talked me into going to Carcassone in 3 weeks time, must have been asleep and mumbled yes !!!!!!!!!"

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
have to say that with you living in spain you should know the height that olive,almond, orange,lemon trees are allowed to grow to unless you live in one of the concrete jungle areas (commonly known as 'little britain'). Just incase you are not used to spanish countryside most trees are kept to a max height of 10' or just over 3mtr for ease of picking the fruit from it and campsites do plant olive,almond,orange and lemon trees around pitches as it also then gives them a second income as well as providing shade. A pitch of 50sq or 75sq mtrs is not large.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Tip

carry a bush saw and or long handled lopping shears ... :thumb:

and that's not a joke.. can come in very handy

I think JJ also caries a chain saw and a bush whacking strimmer for 'wild' pitches.. :winky:

OP
OP
david and ann

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Hola guys
Cheers
]#
Really helpful lot, many thanks. Not one useful reply

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
]#

Well there's a surprise!

I guess you could try a French forum, or you could simply ask for help when you get to France - as you'll know from a previous thread, they're a helpful lot.

Je vous en prie 'guys'.

Enjoy the fishing! :reel:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
OK,,, Here's a proper one...:RollEyes:
We have often stayed at Salou, camping la siesta.
They have a lot of very mature trees.. My van is 3.1mtr and we manage okay, have to watch on some corners and when you get close to the tree's.. Just make sure you have a good look before you start any manovering..

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I told you so !!!!

]#

Well now, Quelle Surprise ! Until you come clean and apologise to Frankie for your ignorant and facile remarks, you will not get much joy from funsters !
Might I suggest that you resign from this forum and join Facts...more your kind of people !

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
now given that i did state the usual size of trees round pitches and the fact the pitches are not large ones and on the website for the campsite there is a pic of a caravan on a pitch with the trees over it, I thought that mine was a post of some use, and the fact that none of us might of stayed at that campsite the poster just might of got no replies at all, personally i would stay at one of the campsites just outside L'Hospitalet de l'infant where the pitches although having shade from trees the trees do not encroach too much on the parking area of the pitch

mind you i do find it funny that he is going to france considering he considers all french people to be rude and bad mannered

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
now given that i did state the usual size of trees round pitches and the fact the pitches are not large ones and on the website for the campsite there is a pic of a caravan on a pitch with the trees over it, [HI]I thought that mine was a post of some use[/HI]

mine also .. .. but there you go :RollEyes:

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
]#

Hi,
Just spent a week there, I'm 2.9 and caught my roof (no damage) but that was more the way I parked, I shuffled around a bit and was fine, there were others there with MH's taller than mine and they were fine, so I would say don't worry you'll be fine:thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
went to cambrils in june and spent 8 nights there this was on cambrills park campsite
great campsite with great entertainment facilitues and pools
glad we went as next year they are chenging it and just having huts etc
get a sunbed early around the pools
great site really clean
no grass on the pitches as whether is so dry and hot

on thhis park there are plenty of these trees each pitch was divided by them one on each side and yes they were low olvive trees but if you are carefull manovering then you should be ok especially if you park in the middle of your pitch but care IS NEEDED and dont park to close because if it is windy the leaves can brush against the top of the van and keep you awake
i used a pair of scissors and just cut a couple of inches off the ends of two stalks for peace
i have a swift bessacaar with overhead cab front bed and was fine but TAKE CARE they are low and the branches stick out in all directions
enjoy
one word of note
if you use the bus service that runs along the front from cambrills to tarragona then get a bus card which is 12 euro (10 euros of fares and 2 euros deposit) it is a multi person card and you can make ten journeys on it or 5 jouneys each if there are two of you etc etc and works out at less then a euro a journey
three of us were going to tarragona and back and insted of costing us 16 euros it only cost us about six saving us about 12 euros
you simply top it up with more money as you go along and if you take the card back empty then you get 2 euros back
you can get this card at one of the bus booths along the front there is one not far from camping cambrills but you CANNOT get them on the bus
if you are going into salou, cambrills or tarragona a few times then they will save you a fair bit of money:thumb:

OP
OP
david and ann

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
now given that i did state the usual size of trees round pitches and the fact the pitches are not large ones and on the website for the campsite there is a pic of a caravan on a pitch with the trees over it, I thought that mine was a post of some use, and the fact that none of us might of stayed at that campsite the poster just might of got no replies at all, personally i would stay at one of the campsites just outside L'Hospitalet de l'infant where the pitches although having shade from trees the trees do not encroach too much on the parking area of the pitch

mind you i do find it funny that he is going to france considering he considers all french people to be rude and bad mannered
a little bit like some of the funsters on this site.
but anyway thanks for your useful comments. Maybe the Francophiles have only ever had good experiences in France, i have not and WE are not ignorant or xenophobic !!!!!!!! I called the french rude i didnt murder any of them Get a life tdh jj salopian

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
a little bit like some of the funsters on this site.
but anyway thanks for your useful comments. Maybe the Francophiles have only ever had good experiences in France, i have not and WE are not ignorant or xenophobic !!!!!!!! I called the french rude i didnt murder any of them Get a life tdh jj salopian

Thanks for your advice to "get a life" david or anne (or both.)

It does lighten my day when reading objectionable posts because they just emphasise how friendly and pleasant Funsters usually are to each other even when they don't hold the same opinions.

If trolling is the game and winding people up is the aim I am afraid it has failed in this instance.

Enjoy your day...

JJ

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Not good site

]#

Cambrills has grown and grown.. has a new sea front and is not motorhome friendly these days.. was a time you could park on the front. The camp site is not suitable to an motorhome.. same as those in Playa Miami just down the coast a little.. The area you are thinking off is fine for the air flight /hotel type, but is mainly aimed at the caravan.

Bob:Eeek:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!

It does lighten my day when reading objectionable posts because they just emphasise how friendly and pleasant Funsters usually are to each other even when they don't hold the same opinions.

If trolling is the game and winding people up is the aim I am afraid it has failed in this instance.

Enjoy your day...

JJ

MOI AUSSI !!!!!!!:thumb:

OP
OP
david and ann

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years

Enjoy your day...

JJ
Hi its only David Ann doesnt use the site. I didnt wind anyone up or try i just got a few objectionable replies to my request re Cambrils. My comment re French people in an earlier quote was a reply to a funster relating to his experience in a petrol station in France when they tried to short change him.. Normally i keep my comments like that to myself. We all dont feel the same about all things. I love the germans italians dutch etc and have no problem at all.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hi its only David Ann doesnt use the site. I didnt wind anyone up or try i just got a few objectionable replies to my request re Cambrils. My comment re French people in an earlier quote was a reply to a funster relating to his experience in a petrol station in France when they tried to short change him.. Normally i keep my comments like that to myself. We all dont feel the same about all things. I love the germans italians dutch etc and have no problem at all.

No mention of the French in there then !!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

I would be interested to learn if you think I have been objectionable to you and where...

I would also be interested to know how objectionable you consider the instruction "get a life" to be...

Maybe it is the sort of talk you are used to and therefore does not seem as rude to you as it does to me...:Angry:

It is not my fault that my life has involved huge privilege and luxury and been ruined by inheritance... I didn´t ask to be born to my parents...:ROFLMAO:

Maybe had I not got such a life I could have a better one where I would be able to worry about the height of trees at campsites and whether they will scratch my camper or not...:ROFLMAO:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Could I suggest that we all now put this issue behind us and get on with being the happy campers which we truly are. I'm sure that David probably regrets his earlier comment, but then haven't we all said something at one point or another in our lives which we wish we could take back. Others have expressed extreme views on this forum (not least in response to the recent riots) but have not been ostracised because of them. I'm reasonably new to this site but it does make me feel a little uneasy when I see this sort of thing developing. Lets accept one another with all our little faults and foibles and get back to what really matters in life....Motorhoming.
Geoff.:hug:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Please remember that no matter how heated the exchange we always refrain from insulting each other, it just leads to 'handbags at dawn' tit for tat exchanges that if allowed, will drag the forum down. Thanks.

General Forum Etiquette When posting in the forums please adhere to the following common sense rules:- No personal attacks of any kind against other members of the forums.

No Racist, Sexist posts allowed in the forums. No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed. telling others to "get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" are strictly not allowed. Insulting anyone even if your intention is not to offend, may well result in a ban.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Could I suggest that we all now put this issue behind us and get on with being the happy campers which we truly are. I'm sure that David probably regrets his earlier comment, but then haven't we all said something at one point or another in our lives which we wish we could take back. Others have expressed extreme views on this forum (not least in response to the recent riots) but have not been ostracised because of them. I'm reasonably new to this site but it does make me feel a little uneasy when I see this sort of thing developing. Lets accept one another with all our little faults and foibles and get back to what really matters in life....Motorhoming.
Geoff.:hug:

Nice one Geoff. It is feeling a a bit too FACTS like. It looks like Swift got a load of folk overheated.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
having worked on camping la siesta and cambrills i would say that la siesta was the better for mh cambrills was mainly statics and huts just my opinion:Doh:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
I would be interested to learn if you think I have been objectionable to you and where...

I would also be interested to know how objectionable you consider the instruction "get a life" to be...

Maybe it is the sort of talk you are used to and therefore does not seem as rude to you as it does to me...:Angry:

It is not my fault that my life has involved huge privilege and luxury and been ruined by inheritance... I didn´t ask to be born to my parents...:ROFLMAO:

Maybe had I not got such a life I could have a better one where I would be able to worry about the height of trees at campsites and whether they will scratch my camper or not...:ROFLMAO:

Nice to see am not involved in this:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back