Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
At long last the new Mount Pleasant Park & Ride in Weymouth has opened for business.

And guess what..........They welcome motorhomes :party2:

It is easy to get to .....just follow the new relief road from Dorchester and it is at the end of it. It is also signposted along the relief road

The park and ride will be open daily between April and September and open Monday to Saturday from October to March, with the site closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

Buses will start at:
» 7am Monday to Friday
» 8am Saturdays
» 9am Sundays and public holidays

Buses will run every 15 minutes and the last bus back will usually leave Weymouth Pavilion at 6.15pm.

Daily charges will be seasonal and be either £1.50, £2.50 or £3.50, depending on the time of year. Obviously currently £3.50 until early September.

I have spoken to operator at Dorset Council and there are no restrictions or height barriers. I questioned if motorhomes would be penalised if they are overlapping the marked bays and was informed that so long as they are not irresponsibly parked ...no problem. They also said that if there was a lot of usage from motorhomes they will consider marking out specific bays. :thumb:

Incidently the charge is for the parking, the bus ride is free.........so bus passes cannot be used

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Can you give us a clue as to the location garry, say co-ords. on Google maps so I can add it to my map. :thumb:

Thanks

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Can you give us a clue as to the location garry, say co-ords. on Google maps so I can add it to my map. :thumb:

Thanks

Hi Keith
This is the location taken guide off Dorset website. I have worked the GPS co-ords as .............50.635622, -2.460251
Be careful as this it is located on a new road so it will not appear on Satnavs unless very recently updated map

Postcode for Satellite Navigation systems: DT3 5AX. Please note that the site does not have its own postcode, as it is not a residence - this postcode refers to the nearest establishment, (a superstore.) Please ensure you update your SatNav software, and that you follow the signing on the last part of your journey.

The Mount Pleasant Park and Ride site is clearly signed on the approach from the A354 into Weymouth.
•From Dorchester: Follow signs to Weymouth on the A354 from the A35, and then signs for 'Park and Ride.'
•From the East - Wool, Wareham and Swanage: Follow the A352 towards Weymouth, the A353 signed 'all routes' towards Weymouth and then signs for 'Park and Ride.'
•From the West - Abbotsbury and Bridport via the coast: Follow the B3157 from Bridport through Burton Bradstock, Abbotsbury, Portesham and Chickerell towards Weymouth. Then follow the A354 signed Dorchester and then signs for 'Park and Ride.'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back