Leisure Kingdom/Don Amott - Recomended (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi,
I purchased another motorhome from them in April this year, trading in my old one.

A few teething problems, but nothing was too much trouble.
They were exceptionally helpful, from the salesmen to the after sales and staying with them on hook up to test the van out was no trouble at all.

So i just wanted to spread the news,

S:thumb:

Manxkitty

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
I purchased another motorhome from them in April this year, trading in my old one.

A few teething problems, but nothing was too much trouble.
They were exceptionally helpful, from the salesmen to the after sales and staying with them on hook up to test the van out was no trouble at all.

So i just wanted to spread the news,

S:thumb:

Clearly two years has seen a lot of deterioration, however we found them exceptionally helpful when they were selling the very expensive vehicle but no help at all when servicing/doing work under warranty. Bad attitude and poor customer service seems to come from the top!!? :Angry:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Well I hope we get the same attitude from them as TheOnlySue as we have just agreed to trade in our Autocruise Stardream for a Autotrail Savannah and pick it up next week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
We haven't purchased a vehicle from them but use their storage and workshop - my experience is only limited to a few months so far but is as follows:

1. workshop friendly albeit difficult to contact by phone (just rings and rings)
2. MOT and vehicle service and hab service booked- agreed a price over the phone but when I went to collect it was much higher than quoted by a few hundred £££ :Eeek: I pointed this out and also pointed out the habby service prices which were on a board behind the employee - they instantly amended it to what was quoted, and I was happy with that, but not sure why the confusion in the first place........
3. Free exterior wash included with MOT and service which was nice.
4. With the hab service they unfortunately left the 12v system on and the pump active and water tanks were filled and not drained - as I was only due to collect it a week later the leisure battery had drained down badly. I thought it was quite bad practice not to bother to turn off the 12v system once they had checked it and done the service. Small thing I know.
5. The storage fees are very reasonable for a Cassoa Gold area, access times a bit restricted though. There is access to collect fresh water and plug into a hook up to charge, by arrangement. The storage site is not well drained and maintained in various places though, fine if you have a parking spot on the original tarmac area but not so good when squelching through the soggy mossy areas in the non tarmac parking.
6. Nice to have a camping shop on site and a cafe which is open during the opening hours of the sales and shop teams.

Would I buy a van from them? Well, depends on whether they have the one I want when I am looking for one - they are a main dealer for several marques, and are pretty respectable, so perhaps.

Just my opinion on the limited work I have had done and their storage area......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back