Spain / France Amber PLUS + (dark orange or light red) (1 Viewer)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The rules today or tomorrow and that is why we are holding off going to Europe? Might be dark amber now but if someone gets a bad nights sleep it might go red tomorrow then you are stuffed as far as I can see.
I said exactly that earlier. We really want to go but......

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Changed our Portsmouth to Santander booking yesterday for next month to March next year. Donā€™t like the way things are heading here in the U.K. and the rise in Spain. Going out as we do for 80-90 days itā€™s not worth the risk of quarantine, extra cost of tests and finding where to have them done if it all goes down the pan again and we see the usual u turns from government. Shame we were so looking forward to going to Spain straight after the Malvern Show. šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The red rules are pretty much written for countries that you fly to, not drive to, in my opinion, that is why we have the dark amber category. They canā€™t deal with loads of vehicles with who knows what arriving then having to deal with them and their vehicle.

Silly really, as Iā€™m in a dark amber country with less COVID than home, and everyone wearing a mask when required. Unlike the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Changed our Portsmouth to Santander booking yesterday for next month to March next year. Donā€™t like the way things are heading here in the U.K. and the rise in Spain. Going out as we do for 80-90 days itā€™s not worth the risk of quarantine, extra cost of tests and finding where to have them done if it all goes down the pan yesterday again and we see the usual u turns from government. Shame we were so looking forward to going to Spain straight after the Malvern Show. šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢
I would have gone whilst you could. I recon in a months time you wonā€™t be allowed. 5 days quick quarantine isnā€™t that bad.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Perhaps we are being overly cautious but we have pondered it for several weeks now.
We were booked for later, then went for it as I can see things changing ahead. 5 days quick quarantine, so only three extra off work. Thatā€™s the plan.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We were booked for later, then went for it as I can see things changing ahead. 5 days quick quarantine, so only three extra off work. Thatā€™s the plan.
Say you have 2 days or more travelling home from the ferry (as we do living in very rural Northumberland) 450 or so miles how can you quarantine properly, we would need to have at least two overnight stays on a site. There is no way if arriving late afternoon or early evening later in the year I would even contemplate driving home in a single journey.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Say you have 2 days or more travelling home from the ferry (as we do living in very rural Northumberland) 450 or so miles how can you quarantine properly, we would need to have at least two overnight stays on a site. There is no way if arriving late afternoon or early evening later in the year I would even contemplate driving home in a single journey.
Donā€™t ask me ask them.

But two over night stays for 450 miles???

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We arrived in France last week and are here until at least the end of October, possibly longer, who knows??

We shall just go wherever we are allowed and follow the rules.

It's a lot quieter here than the UK from what we have seen so far, not sure it will continue with France and surrounding countries embarking on the holiday month of August.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yo can arrange to have the day 2 & day 8 tests at a clinic you attend. Doesn't say it has to be the same one to my knowledge?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We arrived in France last week and are here until at least the end of October, possibly longer, who knows??

We shall just go wherever we are allowed and follow the rules.

It's a lot quieter here than the UK from what we have seen so far, not sure it will continue with France and surrounding countries embarking on the holiday month of August.
hi Dave

so your not bothering with the 90 rule then mate

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Changed our Portsmouth to Santander booking yesterday for next month to March next year. Donā€™t like the way things are heading here in the U.K. and the rise in Spain. Going out as we do for 80-90 days itā€™s not worth the risk of quarantine, extra cost of tests and finding where to have them done if it all goes down the pan again and we see the usual u turns from government. Shame we were so looking forward to going to Spain straight after the Malvern Show. šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢
So do you mind me asking had you booked flexi ? If so, are you getting a refund for any reduction in fares ?

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
So do you mind me asking had you booked flexi ? If so, are you getting a refund for any reduction in fares ?
Flexi, we are members of Club Voyage so no amendment fees luckily as itā€™s the 7th change due a combination of serious family illnesses and lockdowns. And no reductions.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I know, we feel rather lucky especially with all of this going on.

We shall just traverse around Europe until we are allowed to return to UK to see our mum's without having to quarantine šŸ˜šŸ˜„
You'll be better flying them out.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
There's no such thing as amber + or dark amber, that is something made up by the idiots who work for the media, France is on our amber list and we are on France's amber list, and the entry requirements for England coming from France have not changed for quite a while now, just that they've changed coming from other countries if you are fully vaccinated

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I know and it's a nice thought Gus, but sadly, at 87 and 93 yrs young, and with various illnesses and ailments, neither wish to travel anymore šŸ˜¢
I'd be extra cautious when meeting them again, its not a case of what's allowed, my question is how would you feel if you passed a new unknown variant onto any one of them? For the sake of a holiday, I just don't understand the thinking here.

I fully understand the beauty of European travel, I'd adore to be in the German Alps right now, but wouldn't dream of risking anyone's life for what is after all an unnecessary journey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back