Good signal/quality but no Channel 4 (1 Viewer)

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I am not a satellite expert. Last weekend we set up our Aldi Medion FTA 12 volt system and without too much difficulty locked in and found hundreds of channels with most if not all ITV and BBC regions, but try as I might I could not find Channel 4 or any of its offshoots.

The only ones I could find were scrambled.

Anyone know where I was going wrong?

Steve

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not really up on Sat`s... but are you on the right one ?

There are two "Astra`s Satellites very close...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Couple of interesting sites for you Steve.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
ho hum there are 9 astra sats,,we only use 4 at most ,,my m/h is parked in the ground station that controlls the sat/programs i will try to grt the web site name they use to view them all ,,,, bit i think your on the wrong one or not tuned the lnb properly :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well I am definately tuned to Astra2d and don't get ch4
no idea why as it shows up on the list below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E

Must be a tuning issue with the box

I have all the channels at home using a cheap box I bought in Spain.. but had to do a bit of tuning to get all the channels..

I also have a Bush Freesat box (from Argos about £30) for the bedroom .. it was so easy to set up.. just 'plug and play' and telling it my region.. no agro :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I`ve got a proffesional Sky Meter.. And found at home you can be a millimeter out and lose some channels..

Re-did my dish and get the lot.. I didn`t think I had moved the dish but must have...

Channel 4 was the same as True Movies 1 & 2. slightly out and the pictures broke up or could not get them....

Remember them things floating round in the sky are a lot of miles away so you only have to be out a fraction..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am not a satellite expert. Last weekend we set up our Aldi Medion FTA 12 volt system and without too much difficulty locked in and found hundreds of channels with most if not all ITV and BBC regions, but try as I might I could not find Channel 4 or any of its offshoots.

As you had ITV and BBC channels then you are definately on the correct satellite.
Sometimes the pre-set channel list or station idents do not show on a free to air receiver.
It may be there but under a blank heading or another listing, showing a number instead of the name.
However it is unsual for Channel 4.. If it was channel 5 then i would understand.
Another possibility is that you were not quiet getting "peaked" on the strongest strength and a bit of tweeking and a re-tune may have cured it..
If possible take the box to a fixed dish in someones home and tune it in on there, see what happens..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back