Domestic cooker in motorhome (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hello,

Does anyone have a good reason why the standard cooker in an American RV can't or shouldn't be replaced with a normal domestic cooker?

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
No reason at all except you need to ensure that the replacement is jetted and set up for LPG.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Havewheelswilltravel

Free Member
Feb 25, 2011
Farnham
Funster No
MH
American RV A class
Exp
God 1st a Bedford when the wheel was invented
I have removed my rv cooker and put a free standing caravan cooker in works and looks great . I can cook a roast dinner now.
I am at Malvern show if your going you can have a look.

Alan

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I have no idea Bryan but I would investigate whether the ones fitted to RVs have special gas connectors etc designed for all the knocking about whilst travelling etc.

Cookers in RVs are built like tanks, is this because they have never been modernised or are they built like that for a reason?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
It may well be down to the Flame Failure Device - FFD's. Certainly on narrowboats, in order to pass the Boat Safety Certificate, gas appliances must be fitted with FFD's so you dont accidentally gas yourself.

On our motorhome if you try to close the glass lid when any rings are lit, the gas supply is cut and they cant be ignited till the lid is lifted again. Similarly you cant ignite any part of the cooker until the knobs are turned and held in, prior to lighting.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It may well be down to the Flame Failure Device - FFD's. Certainly on narrowboats, in order to pass the Boat Safety Certificate, gas appliances must be fitted with FFD's so you dont accidentally gas yourself.

That is a good point, but many domestic gas cookers now have FFDs ... they are mandatory when installed in rented shared properties..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back