Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
we have some nesting under the hip joint on the roof. So far, they (hundreds of the little sods) have not bothered us, but they can be a tad unpredictable, so whats the best way of getting rid?
My next door neighbour said use antifreeze, "it puts them to sleep":RollEyes:, well if i climb up a ladder to sort the little sh*ts, i dont want to end up just hearing them snoring!

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
sit and watch them for a while to find out where their main entrance is, there may be a few but one used more than others.

Wait until its dark (all wasps go back at night) wear some protection just in case hat coat gloves and something to protect your eyes.

Get a PUFFER PACK and puff the dust into the main hole first then any others you may see, move about 2 meters away and watch the powdery coated wasps coming out.

Check next morning & if still active repeat.

See if you can get a puffer pack with dust containing "bendiocarb" rather than "permethrin".

its worth moving the nest even though the wasps die off in autumn because the nest will have produced 100's of queens which will hibernate in the locality and start new nests the following spring.

The new queens are produced around August time so you should always kill a nest before this time.

I know its August now but only the begining.

I have someone on another Forum to thank for this info when I asked as we were plagued with them

Good luck.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Ask the local council they sometimes charge they will remove the lot for you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Ask the local council they sometimes charge they will remove the lot for you

Completely agree :thumb:

Both our local council and private pest control contractors charge £45/nest - small price to pay for your own safety and the peace of mind of knowing the job has been done properly :Smile:

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Thanks for the advice, talking it over with my missus, she is up for option 2 (phoning the council or a contractor), this is not based on any scientific information, purely that she knows what a clumsy barsteward i am....and is quite confidant that it will end up being wasps 1.....darklord 0:roflmto:. After i had "covered myself up", a vid of a transvestite falling from a roof would look funny on youtube, but ...i'll pass on that thanks.

The other thing, is the throroughness of the job, we had them nesting in a hanging basket last year, so have them again:RollEyes: Once again, thanks.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
You could just leave em be, I've had nest in my roof for the last couple of years, and I've been up there painting and stuff, never done me no harm so live and let live I say:thumb:
In fact I've sat and watched them coming and going, fanning at the entrance when it gets hot n stuff like that, quite facinating realy.

Tim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back