Ever stayed on a French Aire? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you have stayed on French Aires why not let us know by entering it into our new French Aires app, its really easy to do, and even if the aire is already listed you will be able to leave a star rating and review. I have been working in it on and off for ages but after some rigorous testing by Scotjimjand this weekend (thanks Jim) I feel brave enough to open it up to the Funsters scrutiny.

I know there are hundreds of places that list all the aires, and it would be easy to just show a map where they are all located. However, as regular aire users know, some aires are better than others (understatement) So if we could build a list of the Funster's favourites it will become a terrific resource.

You can find the new section on the navigation menu that is on the left of the home page. Please go there and add a few aires:thumb: Many thanks Funsters Favourites Aires

NB Thanks also to Mel, for some test uploads:thumb:

Attachments

• airesmenu.png
    airesmenu.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 63

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Jim it won't take my fun e mail and password so I inputed them and oit said it would e mail me a password but none has arrived?:Doh:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You are registered ken just login with the details you supplied and then list an aire:thumb: You do not need to confirm your email

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry to be a pain Jim but do you mean my username and password from Fun? If so it says "invalid username or password" :cry:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I was going to ask the same Jim, also is this for fun members only ?

Is there a return to fun link

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Ken, forget the forum names and passwords this is separate. When you log in use the email you registered with as your user name and the password you used:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was going to ask the same Jim, also is this for fun members only ?

Is there a return to fun link

When you first login to the aires, you need to give an email and a password, when you login the email is your user name:thumb: This email is not only used to log in but you use it to send details of aires to yourself or friends.

There is a link back to fun at the bottom right of the home page.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Jim it did not ask for a password when I registered just e mail and my name. I have tried everything but cannot get in. :cry: It said a password would be sent to me but no luck so far. :Doh:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim it did not ask for a password when I registered just e mail and my name. I have tried everything but cannot get in. :cry: It said a password would be sent to me but no luck so far. :Doh:
Just sent you a new password via PM Ken:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I found that you enter the email address and name (I used my user name) I was then logged in. Before logging out I went to profile and changed my password which just involved entering a new password twice. worked for me.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim

Wild spots and Municipals have both the same coloured (Orange) flag

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Jim, in now. Right next problem he he, trying to upload photo it says "up to 2mb" when i try to upload a photo 540kb it comes up with "error 500" :cry:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Pfft dropped it to below 500kb and it still says error 500 :Doh:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Jim, in now. Right next problem he he, trying to upload photo it says "up to 2mb" when i try to upload a photo 540kb it comes up with "error 500" :cry:

Thanks for trying Ken::bigsmile: No one has had problems with pictures yet, so i wonder what the problem might be. Please try a different picture, make sure its under 2mb and see what happens. You can call it a test if you like, I can easily delete it:thumb: Thanks

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Nope tried another one Jim same response all pics i have prepared for the Aires are JPG and all under 600kb's. :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Jim it did not ask for a password when I registered just e mail and my name. I have tried everything but cannot get in. :cry: :Doh:

It's not just you Ken::bigsmile: I too have tried everything,just not the RIGHT everything obviously.
I wouldn't want change password as there enough to remember already.

Jim-how's about an IT rally with all our top guys there ? (where's the 'tongue in cheek' emoticon lol)

Ken-you and Roger can show me this one at Roger's-then we could move onto file conversions,Lat/Long to decimal and a whole host of things related to finding places on Google earth and then adding them to other maps etc.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mike.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's not just you Ken::bigsmile: I too have tried everything,just not the RIGHT everything obviously.
I wouldn't want change password as there enough to remember already.

Mike.

Hi Mike do a search for 'Registration Email' (without quotes) in your email system, its probably gone into your spam folder. If you cannot find it, send me a PM and i will send a password to you:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Sod it just got rid of FF as it was getting too slow and went back to IE9. Will download and try later Jim

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
P.S. you will notice Alan has the pitch away from the trees so that HIS tv would work......again!!! :Eeek:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
when I first registered it asked for an email and name, it then uses my email as my user name which can't be changed in my profile but I can change my nickname. so I have a user name, a nickname and a real name, why all three?

I can't see where to give a star rating to my entry at La Palmyre. I already wear glasses, do I need a stronger pair? :Smile:

Ian

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Olley, thanks for uploading and thanks for the feed back. The idea is that you upload the details and once its uploaded, you click on it and then review it. That's where it get the stars.

Re the username, hopefully i will soon be able to bridge it with the fun database so there will be no login requirement at all, trouble is I don't really know what I'm doing :Blush: and I would hate to break the sites main database:Eeek: :roflmto:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just posted one for the aires at Forge les Eaux...but it's not come up on the listing...have I done summat wrong or what!!..or is there a bit of a delay for it to be approved??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back