LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, Our new Renault motorhome is a Euro 5, which I understand is something to do with emissions. The dealer taxed the new motorhome, but my son said it should have been less than the £210 ish as it was Euro 5!

Can anyone advise me how I can find this out, I have looked on the DVLA site but it is not really user friendly, is a motorhome regarded as a Light goods vehicle? If so I think it should have been £130.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
lez checker

Link Removed

Hi,
you could try this link ans check using your registration.

Let me know how you get on.
S::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi, Our new Renault motorhome is a Euro 5, which I understand is something to do with emissions. The dealer taxed the new motorhome, but my son said it should have been less than the £210 ish as it was Euro 5!

Can anyone advise me how I can find this out, I have looked on the DVLA site but it is not really user friendly, is a motorhome regarded as a Light goods vehicle? If so I think it should have been £130.

Have you been on this page of the DVLA site ?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/CalculatethefuelconsumptionCO2andtaxcosts/DG_195357

If you still have a question call DVLA

Customer enquiries vehicles
0300 790 6802

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
What is up with people, the dealers are the supposed 'experts' and taxed it, a call there would hopefully answer the question, what make such hard work of something :RollEyes:

Off to do some more packing :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
try this website from the dvla click vehicle enquiry put in your reg and make of vehicle, it should give you the relevent info

Link Removed

having done mine just i notice that mine will be 210 next time round and mine is under an lgv tax group.

the swines it will of gone up by £15 from last time

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
What is up with people, the dealers are the supposed 'experts' and taxed it, a call there would hopefully answer the question, what make such hard work of something :RollEyes:

Nothing is wrong with anyone.. this is supposed to be a helpful and friendly forum .. your attitude and posts are anything but that ..

If you have nothing useful to say don't come on a thread and make snide remarks .. or make personal comments .. personally I've had enough of your insulting remarks.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+

hate to say this but dealers are as confused as the rest of us VW per example the carravelle 7 seater minibus used to be under lgv tax but if you buy a new one its now plg the reason apparently according to VW is it s supplied as a window van with seats therefore plg tax but buy a ford torneo and same spec and its still under an lgv tax band

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Have you been on this page of the DVLA site ?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/CalculatethefuelconsumptionCO2andtaxcosts/DG_195357

If you still have a question call DVLA

Customer enquiries vehicles
0300 790 6802

I have checked all the sites quoted by funsters, and according to them all, my registration and motorhome do not exist!!!

We received the Reg Number 10 days ago, surely it should be on the computer by now??

Ginny

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Nothing is wrong with anyone.. this is supposed to be a helpful and friendly forum .. your attitude and posts are anything but that ..

If you have nothing useful to say don't come on a thread and make snide remarks .. or make personal comments .. personally I've had enough of your insulting remarks.

Hi there Jim... none of my business of course, but "rising" to these sort remarks may just "feed the beast" so to speak and encourage more rudeness... :winky:

I am still sure there is something going on here that we don't know about...

I cannot think anyone would join a site and be horrible to people just for fun... there must some other explanation... :Angry:

JJ :Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi there Jim... none of my business of course, but "rising" to these sort remarks may just "feed the beast" so to speak and encourage more rudeness... :winky:

I am still sure there is something going on here that we don't know about...

I cannot think anyone would join a site and be horrible to people just for fun... there must some other explanation... :Angry:

you are absolutely correct JJ.. I should bite my tongue more, but it was bleeding ..

note to self ... must not rise to the bait ..

Lord, where we are wrong, make us willing to change; where we are right, make us easy to live with. ~Peter Marshall

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
you are absolutely correct JJ.. I should bite my tongue more, but it was bleeding ..

note to self ... must not rise to the bait ..

Lord, where we are wrong, make us willing to change; where we are right, make us easy to live with. ~Peter Marshall

There is always the ignore list :yeah:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You are SO right Daryl/Clare... it seems such a straight forward solution... :thumb:

I have tried it myself...:Blush:

...and I do try, really I do... but some devil in me leads me to push that wretched button and I am being wound up again :Eeek: :Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There is always the ignore list :yeah:

yes indeed.. but why should it be needed on a Fun forum ?

. forum rules are quite explicit about this topic..

No Racist, Sexist posts allowed in the forums. No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed.[HI] telling others to "get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" are strictly not allowed.[/HI] Insulting anyone even if your intention is not to offend, may well result in a ban. Should you be banned you aggree that there are no refund of the joining fee (£12) There are plenty of forums that allow you to be discourteous to each other, this is NOT one of them.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I have just checked the tax disc and it was £221 for the year.

Ginny

Hi, I would not like to say about the euro 5 engine being cheaper, but I would have thought it should be. :Smile:

But I know that our van is 3.800kg and it was £165 in March, just looked on the web site and got this:

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for**** are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2012
Date of First Registration 01 04 2007
Year of Manufacture 2007
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2700CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £90.75
12 Months Rate £165.00

Please be aware that if the vehicle has recently been relicensed or a SORN declared, these details may not yet be updated on the vehicle record.

If you think that the details on the vehicle record are incorrect please write to:
VCS
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1BA

Including the incorrect V5C Registration Certificate for amendment.

So its the same price as it was in March, I know that under 3.500kg cost more. :cry: Bob.

See Here: Link Removed

And click on vehicle enquiry

Attachments

• enVehicleEnquiryRoll.gif
    enVehicleEnquiryRoll.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 12
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
yes indeed.. but why should it be needed on a Fun forum ?

. forum rules are quite explicit about this topic..

No Racist, Sexist posts allowed in the forums. No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed.[HI] telling others to "get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" are strictly not allowed.[/HI] Insulting anyone even if your intention is not to offend, may well result in a ban. Should you be banned you aggree that there are no refund of the joining fee (£12) There are plenty of forums that allow you to be discourteous to each other, this is NOT one of them.

Totally agree!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Are you leaving :thumb:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

Well, now I am totally confused or perhaps even 'stupid' (according to Swift)

I have just spent 10 mins on the phone to the DVLA, going round and round automated answers until I spoke to a real person. She told me that the Euro 5 concession was only available from 1 October 2007 to 30th September 2009 ! I pointed out that our Renault was one of the first in the country to have Euro 5 and was she sure?

Apparently all computers were running very slow and she could not confirm this she said to check on our log book, which of course we do not have yet. I asked why it was not registered on the system (It had been registered as new and taxed 10 days ago) and what would happen if we were pulled over by the police because if it is not on their system, it will not be on the ANPR system either. Her reply was "Well if you have your insurance and MOT I am sure you will be alright!"

Priceless!!!

Ginny and Mike

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Doh: Did you tell her its not due for an MOT for 3 years. :RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the one you are looking at for euro 5 is to be registered between jan 2009 and dec 2010.

you will be registered as PLG (providing the van is 3500kg or less) and the cost is £210

Other vehicle tax rates

Light goods vehicles (TC39)
Registered on or after 1 March 2001 (not over 3,500kg revenue weight).

Vehicle
Light goods vehicle
12 months rate £210.00
6 months rate £115.50

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
click THIS LINK

then tick the correct vehicle class then next (under 3500kg is LGV...over 3500kg is PHGV)

for PLG check the date options then click next

that is the price you pay for road tax.....£210 for PLG or £165 for PHG

Euro 5 only ran from 1st jan 2009 to 31st dec 2010 for tax purposes.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
the one you are looking at for euro 5 is to be registered between jan 2009 and dec 2010.

you will be registered as PLG (providing the van is 3500kg or less) and the cost is £210

Other vehicle tax rates

Light goods vehicles (TC39)
Registered on or after 1 March 2001 (not over 3,500kg revenue weight).

Vehicle
Light goods vehicle
12 months rate £210.00
6 months rate £115.50

Thanks PappaJohn, I have followed the link and for a 3,750kg I think we are classed as a PLGV, so the road tax should be £165 not £221.

We will have to wait for the Log book to arrive then it may be a little clearer. We are now hoping that the log book arrives before we head off for France.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back