Bluetooth OBD reader & Android App - Superb Value (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Well I have been using a bluetooth OBD reader in my Land Rover Discovery reading the data on an Android App on my HTC Desire HD, well tonight I thought I would try it on my Fiat 2.8JTD engine and YES it works :thumb:

It is great to fully understand whatyour engine is doing at any time, it will also check for fault codes in your ECU plus a load of other stuff, I will leave it for anyone interested to read on the link below. I don't use the HTC phone as I don't like Android, but this is one use I can get some use out of :thumb:

So the bluetooth reader can be bought here Link Removed

And the software here https://market.android.com/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

There is a video here (the bloke does waffle on a bit :ROFLMAO:) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-ZvTn3fLo[/ame]

Plug and play, my OBD port is just behind a pull away panel at the right of my lower leg when driving, you will need to have a poke around to find yours but it wont be far away :thumb:

I'm still packing, unpacking and re packing for France :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I don't know what half of it means but what the he'll it's a cool and cheap gadget :ROFLMAO:

I want to learn more so will use it heading to the South of France, I think it has even more capabilities than boring man showed :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't know what half of it means but what the he'll it's a cool and cheap gadget :ROFLMAO:

I want to learn more so will use it heading to the South of France, I think it has even more capabilities than boring man showed :thumb:

The most useful thing for any MHer would be fuel consumption, is that an available display ?

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Yes, did you not watch the video? :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
So you expect everyone else to research it and tell you :RollEyes:

Maybe its not for you then :thumb:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I started a thread about an item I thought 'some' may find useful, I also went to the bother of 'spoon feeding' some links to explain what it is, if people can't be @rsed to look at those then that is their lookout, best move on because this is obviously too technical for some, so much so they can't click a triangle in a youtube link :RollEyes:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
What does this gizmo do then?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
In a nutshell it communicates with your engine ecu (brain!!) and displays various bits of information and any fault codes stored in the cars brain. Simples!!!!!

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Cool
I want one. Not sure why though.

I used to have one on my Lotus Elise to keep resetting the MIL - cost me a lot more than that...

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
You do need to ensure your vehicle has an ODBII compliant diagnostic port, so some older vehicles will not be able to make use of this.

Bluetooth dongle does work really well with Android.

Be warned though if you get the iPhone version, the walled garden of jobs has nobbled the bluetooth stack so that will need to have a wired connection.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i have this app,and the unit,and it does what it says.and cheap anough.:thumb:
i keep mine in my car just in case it throw's a code.
no use what so ever on my motorhome as the only computer on board is my little brain:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back