Amazon Kindle 3G (free 3G abroad) for £116 delivered (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Hi all.

I know there was loads of interest when I posted my how-to link info to get a Kindle 3G for £121 via cashback and vouchers. Some of you said that it was too much hassle.

Well now you can direct from Link Removed £115.99 delivered

OK - its referbished but, I believe, will be as good as new and with guarentee.

May save you a few quid!

My review of the 3G Kindle (for motorhomes) is http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2011/06/amazon-kindle-3g-review-perfect-for-motorhomes-and-travel/

Amazon say "Factory refurbished. Package factory sealed. Ships with USB cable only.. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy". So if it isn't perfect you can still send it back risk free! (if it comes with USB cable only, it will need to be charged via laptop or any other USB output device you may already have. Not a problem as I charge mine only from laptop or a 12v USB adapter in the van)
(Was posted on MSE today)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Damn, just bought a full price one last week from Staples :Eeek:

Good offer though as the 3G is brilliant and free use in nearly all countries with 3G for life :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Derr !

:thumb: I am still undecided as whether or not to get one ! How much would the latest John Grisham book cost to download ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I just bought another one to take to France, thanks for that :thumb:

Seems they still have a few left at that price, I also used the free next day delivery trial :thumb:

I owe you a beer :thumb:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
:thanks2: for that.

I had been thinking about buying one. Too good a price to miss

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:thumb: I am still undecided as whether or not to get one ! How much would the latest John Grisham book cost to download ?

You can download Kindle for the PC just google "kindle for PC" You can then use it to browse all the Kindle books and download samples free of charge:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
"The Confession" is £3.59

I'm reading that at the moment, it's reasonable, but quite an anti death penalty polemic, and seems quite long.

It cost me nothing - you just have to know where to look.....:winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welll.. I bought one ! :)

Now I might as well sell my ebook !!

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I'm waiting for mine to arrive today with the next day delivery option I went for :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As a by the by, I opted for the standard 3 to 4 day delivery..
Came back and said it would be delivered next Friday .. So that will be a couple of days after we leave here then !!

Order duly cancelled

Why tell lies ? I would have opted for a faster service and paid for it ... Instead they lost a sale completely as I REALLY get the hump with firms that are so pee poor they have to tell lies to get you to order..

Went elsewhere and paid more but will get it Monday

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
You should have got the FREE trial of next day delivery that lasts for a month before they charge you £49 a year for it :RollEyes: You would have had it tomorrow :thumb:

I did mention it :winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You should have got the FREE trial of next day delivery that lasts for a month before they charge you £49 a year for it :RollEyes: You would have had it tomorrow :thumb:

I did mention it :winky:

I know :Smile:
But have had bad experience before with Amazon.. a free trial that I simply could not cancel no matter how I tried !
As they had my card details they simply took the money

I eventually got the money back but it was several months in the sorting.. Once bitten and all that !:winky:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Just went back onto Amazon, went into 'Your Account' then to 'Your Amazon Prime Membership' and there is a box that lets you press to STOP auto upgrade of the Prime deliver service, I have pressed mine and it has stated that it will now NOT auto upgrade, lets see what happens :RollEyes:

Link Removed

:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well how I rate Amazon has been duly uprated to 'excellent' .. Amazingly even though it was almost 23:45 I received a fone call ( at my request ) from their customer service department

I explained what had happened, explained why it was cancelled and was asked to wait

Waited no more than 30 seconds and the lady said yes, completely agree.. very misleading and fully understand my 'being upset'
A small fiscal arrangement was made ( even though I never asked for it ) as a sorry

After the call an e-mail asked me to comment on how things went... My only comment was 'it is a shame the same calibre of person does not reply to e-mails when an issue is reported as when a fone call is made.. A sale would certainly have been saved !
And you know what ? Judging by my experiences today and reading what others say, I do believe they really and truly DO listen to customers suggestions and or complaints

I know I am not slow to complain and often pass on info ref. issues on here, but a positive is even more important to report !!
Amazon, [STRIKE]your so money sup.[/STRIKE]..sorry.. Amazon, you did good :thumb:

xtrouble

Free Member
Aug 24, 2011
Durham
Funster No
MH
Just dreaming !
Exp
Does this free 3g mean you can use the amazon sim card in another device to piggyback on the access ?

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Does this free 3g mean you can use the amazon sim card in another device to piggyback on the access ?

There is no SIM card as such. It's all built into the unit.

As far as I know, there are no facilities (either official or unofficial :winky: ) to allow you to piggyback onto the connection.

Gerald

xtrouble

Free Member
Aug 24, 2011
Durham
Funster No
MH
Just dreaming !
Exp
There is no SIM card as such. It's all built into the unit.

As far as I know, there are no facilities (either official or unofficial :winky: ) to allow you to piggyback onto the connection.

Gerald

Thanks,

I did find some info on doing this though, but I'm not sure if I should post. I dont want to be banned on my first day :Eeek:

The connection speed is slow though, but may be useful for very small amounts of data transfer !

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
The Kindle has its own internet access and browser built in :thumb:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
The Kindle has its own internet access and browser built in :thumb:

I think xtrouble wanted to use the internet access from the Amazon on another device, probably to make using the internet easier. I'm sure Amazon would close that loophole (if it ever existed) pretty quickly.

Gerald

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back