Engine tuning / remap (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I have had my 2.8jtd Fiat engine remapped by site sponsor Wow tuning, what a difference it makes, more torque eats hills andcseems smoother :thumb:

Anyone else tuned up?

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi swift
I had mine remapped last year by a wow agent and I have increased MPG from about 22 to 25+ if I drive at about 55. On a long motorway run it has gone up to 28. The biggest change for me was on motorways there are now far less gear changes on hills as I can now stay in top gear most of the time. I have done about 8000 miles so far and I am vrty happy with the result.

Rob :thumb::thumb:

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
wow did my 2.4 transit mh and what a difference its got more power and better mpg and i have blocked the egr valve off and thats even give me even more mpg:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
wow did my 2.4 transit mh and what a difference its got more power and better mpg and i have blocked the egr valve off and thats even give me even more mpg:RollEyes:

How easy is it to block off the egr, do you just buy blanking plates, and how does it affect the MOT?

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Is there a discount code for funsters at WOW tuning being a site sponsor and all he asks curiously ? :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i have blocked the egr valve off and thats even give me even more mpg:RollEyes:

are you serious ???

not only will it fail an MOT on emissions ( Geo can advise ?? ) but blocking can also overheat the engine...

do some research, Google egr valve , before giving bad advice..

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
are you serious ???

not only will it fail an MOT on emissions ( Geo can advise ?? ) but blocking can also overheat the engine...

do some research, Google egr valve , before giving bad advice..

Sorry you are wrong, I had a Land Rover Defender and had the EGR's blocked on that, it gave more power and a cleaner engine. I have a Land Rover Discovery D3, unfortunately on the older D3's you could block them without any problem, on the newer version of the engine it keeps the engine light on in the dash, so I am waiting for a fix to solve that then they will be blocked. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE MOT :thumb:

By feeding the lower oxygen exhaust gas into the intake, diesel EGR systems lower combustion temperature, reducing emissions of nitrous oxides. This makes combustion less efficient, compromising economy and power. Diesel EGR also increases soot production, though this was mitigated in the US by the simultaneous introduction of diesel particulate filters. EGR systems can also add abrasive contaminants and increase engine oil acidity, which in turn can reduce engine longevity. So in short removing them is good for the engine but less good for the environment, or so they say, but you get more power and less crap recirculating in the engine :thumb:

As for WOW tuning, they do deals at shows so you can save 10 - 15%, I found this out AFTER I had mine done at home, apparently if you do have it done at home around the time of a show deal they will honour it :thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I had our 2.8 ducato done by WOW about a year ago, made it so much nicer to drive
At this years Newbury show they were offering free upgrades to those that had had it done previously
I asked and they came over to the pitch and did it for me :thumb:

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
the engine is a 2.4 tdci and i just got a plate off ebay but its the 1 for the disco 3 fits good 2 mins of a job and it sail though mot...runs sweet ands never had a problem

Wow

Trader - Engine ReMapping
Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Remap Prices

Hi, thanks for the compliments on our Remaps.
We have recently reduced some prices and our 'normal' price is now £299 for a full custom remap and at the shows they are £255.
Whenever prices come up there is normally a healthy debate and someone who will say "yes, but so an so are cheaper" thats fine, if you are convinced that it is firstly a custom motorhome remap (we do 'vans much different to delivery vans for instance) and are fully guaranteed by a national company with a good reputation, then go ahead.
Over 1,000 motorhomes a year pass through our process and have coverred well over 20 millions miles between them, so we kinda know what we're doing.:Smile:
The reality is low prices are unstainable for a quality product and I wouldn't risk my AT840 on something unproven to save £50!
Everyday without exception, I speak with motorhomers that are convinced that someone they found on the internet, or some charlie (you know who I mean:ROFLMAO:) at a show will do it for silly money... my answer to them is normally a question "just how much did you spend on your van?" and the answer is invariably "mmm, see what you mean".
Finally, for the unconvinced about remapping and its benefits, you can do not better that try it for yourself, you might just be amazed! We're at all the shows and have nearly 50 dealers round the country and every remap comes with a 30 day-money back guarantee.
Cheers,
Chris

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
But when I re-insure, one of the questions asked is 'has the vehicle been modified in any way?" Isn't remapping a modification? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Has anyone ever been refused insurance due to a remap.

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
I suspect a refusal of insurance is unlikley although an increase in premium is a distinct possibility. Most 'informed' motorhome insurers will realise people do this to help pull the weight along, get up hills easier etc rather than any desire to stick it on pole in qualifying at the Monaco GP ::bigsmile:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Since having a Wow upgrade I have informed both my insures and had no problems or premium increase due to it , Comfort last year and Caravan Guard this year
Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Told my insurers and the reaction was interesting..

Ok sir ( warily )

Can you tell me who did the tuning for you ?

WOW ! did it

Silence ....

Silence

Thats fine then sir, no alterations to be made on the policy at all..

Have you made a note that you have been told please ?

There is no need sir That company is known to us and is an approved company.

Ta muchly,,, byeeeee

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Saga increased our premium by £60 :cry:-our next insurers,Comfort,said there would be no increase and sent us an amendment showing we had informed them :Smile:

Mike.

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Engine Remapping

Just read thro the comments on remapping,was going to get mine done at Malvern last year but got a bit confused by different companies and special offers.WOW Tuning seemed the most professional company so will see them this year.I've got a 2003 Challenger on a
Mercedes 316 CDI (2.7) It has a 6 speed sprintsift gearbox which I normally drive in automatic.Has anyone had an automatic remapped ?Did it make a difference,I'm 3.5 ton and I average about 28 mpg on lightfoot driving.
Any info appreciated.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back