LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Cant be used any longer if issued in GB or NI as far as Im aware ( we had 2 done in Nov 2020 :roflmto: :roflmto: ) waste of cash

Animal health cert has replaced in it.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
3C048BB3-AC4C-4F9B-BA0B-6CD1010F3F66.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
To travel to the EU from the UK you will need an AHC,unless your pet has an EU,not UK issued pasport,while in the EU you can obtain an EU pet passport for future use atm.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
This thread is for the general discussion of the item EU Pet Passport. Please add to the discussion here.
Hi Mike. Congratulations on obtaining your French pet passport. (y)

In your write up, do you think you could add the name and address of the vet you used? Also how much they charged for the pet passport and rabies shot. Many thanks.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
MGSAdria

Thanks for adding the vet details and prices in your ‘Comments’ section. All good stuff. (y)

I was also particularly interested in the following remark in your write up:

The Rabies vaccination details can be transferred to the EU passport from the UK details, BUT, the officials at the Ports do not all know this so Passports have been denied and the veterinary surgeons have had passports back so do not advise this and suggest strongly you Rabies vaccinate.

I think this is what the Laon vets had in mind when I got Nix’s pet passport back in March. They thought that they could transfer over her existing rabies vaccination details but that it would avoid any potential problems if she had a French rabies vaccine recorded in her new French passport.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
MGSAdria

Thanks for adding the vet details and prices in your ‘Comments’ section. All good stuff. (y)

I was also particularly interested in the following remark in your write up:

The Rabies vaccination details can be transferred to the EU passport from the UK details, BUT, the officials at the Ports do not all know this so Passports have been denied and the veterinary surgeons have had passports back so do not advise this and suggest strongly you Rabies vaccinate.

I think this is what the Laon vets had in mind when I got Nix’s pet passport back in March. They thought that they could transfer over her existing rabies vaccination details but that it would avoid any potential problems if she had a French rabies vaccine recorded in her new French passport.
I personally would not try the transfer either. It is just not worth it. We are transporting a little doggy back. She has a UK passport despite being in Spain 8 years or so.
She could have entered the UK on it. However as it is not a legal document for entering France (EU/EU border) I got the owner to get a Spanish passport. The details were transferred but as the rabies vaccine was previously administered by the same vet I was happy with that.
You just don't want to be arguing the toss at a border post. Janie

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Is it a problem for the dog to give more than one vaccination in a short period?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
When you lot say vaccine I assume you are talking booster, and that they are happy with the original vaccine.

So get new passport, and booster at same time.

Although I do have results of test to prove vaccine worked on our boy.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Obtained a German Pet Passport and Rabies booster from Christian Marks for a total of 18 Groats, just used it at the tunnel and they asked to see the original vaccinations in the old UK Passport, once they'd seen those they were happy to let him into the UK.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
So if/when I get Pip her Rabies jab and she can go to France do I have to get an AHC to go to F and then go through the process of another Rabies jab in F to get an EHU Passport?
This means Pip gets 2 Rabies jabs fairly close to each other!
Is it possible to take a dog to France un-jabbed then get Vet there to do the necessary?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
So if/when I get Pip her Rabies jab and she can go to France do I have to get an AHC to go to F and then go through the process of another Rabies jab in F to get an EHU Passport?
Is it possible to take a dog to France un-jabbed then get Vet there to do the necessary?

You will need the rabies vaccine before you can enter the EU. There are vets in France that will transfer over the rabies details from an AHC but you will either have to trawl through places like the Animal Health Certificate Facebook group or do a lot of ringing round yourself.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You will need to get a Rabies jab in the uk then wait 21 or 28 days (can’t remember which) then get AHC then travel. You will then need to find a vet who is happy to transfer rabies jab, except another, or wait to get an EU passport. I wouldn’t want a rabies jab within a year of another. Especially in a small puppy.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thanks for the info.
We aren’t in a hurry, I just needed to know the route!

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I asked our vet about the rabies jab having one close to another she said it's no problem at all it simply increases there amuneity they do it regularly will the titre blood test if the first test comes back low count they jab again to increase it.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
My 2 Jacks have had their rabies jabs today £118.80 Ouch!!

All booked in for their AHC in October.
On the AHC is the 4 months for just one trip or does it last for 4 months with multiple trips allowed?

Pretty sure I can guess the answer☹️☹️🤬🤬🤬

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

On the AHC is the 4 months for just one trip or does it last for 4 months with multiple trips allowed?

My understanding is one trip 😠

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017

You have to leave the UK within 10 days of the AHC being issued... so it would be possible to use it more than once if you were going for two long weekends :ROFLMAO:

Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
It’s not this government’s fault. It’s the eu making life difficult for Brexit.
We have our dog’s ANC. She was so quite at F customs they didn’t ask to see it so we sneaked through. Looked like they were pulling over all dog motorhomes.

Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
Since the eu pet passport has been successfully in operation and the UK Government accepts all eu pet passports entering the UK - I can only assume EU belligerence.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hope this is the right thread - my hound's rabies booster is due in October and he's booked to have it on 13 October. I assume the details will be logged in my redundant pet passport. I am looking to go on a short break to Belgium in November. The rabies booster will allow me to get an AHC. But I would like to get a pet passport in Belgium. I assume this would require a willing vet and another booster - as I understand it, the Belgian vets do three yearly ones. I'm prepared to email random belgian vets, but is there a flaw in my thinking before I do?

Also, are we still required to do the worming thing before returning to the UK?

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We had our pup jabbed for rabies at home in England. We travelled to Ireland in August and had an EU Pet Passport issued with details for rabies jab tansferred over. No need for Irish residency and no need for another vaccination.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hope this is the right thread - my hound's rabies booster is due in October and he's booked to have it on 13 October. I assume the details will be logged in my redundant pet passport. I am looking to go on a short break to Belgium in November. The rabies booster will allow me to get an AHC. But I would like to get a pet passport in Belgium. I assume this would require a willing vet and another booster - as I understand it, the Belgian vets do three yearly ones. I'm prepared to email random belgian vets, but is there a flaw in my thinking before I do?

Also, are we still required to do the worming thing before returning to the UK?
Eric, have a look in the following thread:

Vets in EU research

There is info on some Belgian vets in there that may be a useful starting point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back