Technika TV from Tesco Direct (1 Viewer)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If anyone is looking to buy a TV for the MH, these are currently offering a very good deal.

Link Removed

The small one is only 1.5kg ideal for small vans, no DVD though.

There are other models with DVD that weigh slightly more.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had a Technika TV for about 2 and a half years and bought my Mum one about 21 months ago. Very good performance.

The only minus point for me for use in a van is that they are mains only.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Considering they are supposed to be a budget make, I have always hadf great success with all things Technika :thumb:
And they look like an ideal option to me but might be worth checking the current draw.. Often such units are hard on the batteries !

Actualllllyyyyyyy.. Looks like these are mains input only ? So would have to use an inverter so a fairly big draw indeed :Sad:
70w at 220v is good for mains at a tad over 3 amps, but to run it via an inverter on your batteries .. somewhere around 8 to 12 amps per hour ( totally off the top of my head .. canna be twitched to get the calculator out LOL !! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Considering they are supposed to be a budget make, I have always hadf great success with all things Technika :thumb:
And they look like an ideal option to me but might be worth checking the current draw.. Often such units are hard on the batteries !

Actualllllyyyyyyy.. Looks like these are mains input only ? So would have to use an inverter so a fairly big draw indeed :Sad:
70w at 220v is good for mains at a tad over 3 amps, but to run it via an inverter on your batteries .. somewhere around 8 to 12 amps per hour ( totally off the top of my head .. canna be twitched to get the calculator out LOL !! )

Yes they are mains only, I should have said that, but the one I got is only 20W (no DVD) so will run off my 150W inverter OK. I suppose it's all down to how much TV you (or HID :hardhat:) have to watch. :winky:

The small one it is replacing was 18W so not much difference for me.

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010

Isn't that 0.3 Amps...?

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yep.. brain fade yet again !!!!!!!! LOL !
I even sat here thinking ( for speed ) 60w light bulb is a 1/4 amp so .3amps is about right.. then proceeded to type in something completely bloody different ! :Doh:

Thanks for the correction good sir :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
At 20w would only be about 2amps from batteries running through the inverter. A bit more than my 12v one (1amp) but not worth getting worried about.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back