Has the site slowd down? (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Is it just me or has the server slowed down at MHF?

Doug...

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
im on Chrome so unusually I am not having a probem::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is it just me or has the server slowed down at MHF?

Doug...

Every single one of use will take different routes to Funs servers, some of those routes will be over copper, under sea, to space and back. Turn your router off and then back on again and it will choose a different route again.

This is why whenever a question like this is asked, you will get lots of "allright here" or " slow for me too"

I have just checked the server loads and they are low and from here, everything seems fine, but of course that does not mean its OK for you Doug, that's the internet for ya.

Is any particular aspect slow for you? Let me know so I might investigate further, Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Every single one of use will take different routes to Funs servers, some of those routes will be over copper, under sea, to space and back. Turn your router off and then back on again and it will choose a different route again.

This is why whenever a question like this is asked, you will get lots of "allright here" or " slow for me too"

I have just checked the server loads and they are low and from here, everything seems fine, but of course that does not mean its OK for you Doug, that's the internet for ya.

Is any particular aspect slow for you? Let me know so I might investigate further, Cheers

OK, I will do that and let you know.

Doug...

Post Script. I have just shut everything down and rebooted and there is an improvement, I would ad however that it was MHF site only that was effected. Oh well. Off we go.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Doug, I just had a quick browse on to a few sites that I normally look at and it seems all of them are a little less zippy than normal, trouble is with my connection here in Wales that is often the norm. On a good day I get a full 512k connection and often its a lot less:cry: Fun seems OK though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Still having trouble with slow downloads from MHF, so I went into FireFox tools found all the cookies associated with MHF, (there were dozens of the little buggers) killed them all off except the log-on ones, and set FireFox to delete all MHF cookies at close down and now the downloads are back to the same speed as all the other site I use.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back