Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Toying with getting one of these.............

Link Removed

but before I part with the old hard earned, has anyone got experience of a better machine I could consider?

Ta::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Link Removed

but before I part with the old hard earned, has anyone got experience of a better machine I could consider?

Hi zaskar
I think you know what I am going to say ... I recall you talking about it before..

why don't you fit a slimline domestic machine as I did.. .. you fulltime, these small machines are ok to wash .. well, small items.. you need a man sized machine .. :thumb:

Is it a case of space or holding onto to your wedge ? :roflmto:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Daughter has one, works well 'according to its limitations' on camping hols - avec generator.

Thick things will still need some wringing though .... and she doesn't attempt to do jeans etc, only lightweight stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
No experience of better machine but we do have one of these.

Very good they are too.

We have washed all types of clothes in ours, including jeans. Didn't find a problem as long as the machine was not overloaded. Didn't feel we needed to wring things either but some may prefer too.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well I have a twin tub very similar and reckon it's the bee's knee's

Totally recommended:thumb:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks guys, that's most helpfull. Think we'll order one now.

Jim, the big deal for us (other than me being tight!:ROFLMAO:) is payload. These units are just sooooo much lighter than domestic models and that's a big deal for us. Plus the fact, we dont have a spare cupboard/unit in which to install even a small domestic model. It'll have to live in the shower when travelling and in the front locker on site............once all the deckchairs etc are unloaded.

We fully understand that these portable units have thier limitations but providing they do actually work if those limitations are adhered to, I'm quite happy with that.

Ta everyone.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim, the big deal for us (other than me being tight!:ROFLMAO:) is payload.

Ta everyone.:thumb:

Ahh yes, I forgot about that.:Doh: you being tight ... :roflmto:

shooda bought an A class RV :Doh: ... :winky:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi

We use one a lot and are so happy with it. We do not find the need to ring, the spinner is excellent.

Ours lives in the the shower, they are so lightweight it is easy to move out when you shower. We also use it in the shower, on a raised platform (ie plastic step with non-slip mat on), you fill it with both hot and cold water from the shower hose (take off the rose), and then when finished the water just goes down the shower drain. We re-use the water once spinned if clean enough for another load, it all depends how freely you can get water.

We only wash one pair of jeans at a time (on their own), no problem, we also wash the duvet cover in it, then a sheet with the pillow cases. It uses very little power, so could be run off an inverter if needed.

We swear by ours and at that price, you would be silly not to get it, we paid more for ours than that and we paid trade price.

Nigel and Pamala

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
There is a slightly bigger model paul, i had the same as you show first and they are a great little machine but now i have got one of these its slightly bigger and does 3.5kg at a time instead of 1.5/2kg
Link Removed

The wash balls by the way are great saves on rinsing.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've also got the 3.5kg version and am very pleased with it - the spin drier is better than on the washing machine I had at home! :Smile:

All these machines work best if you keep well below the stated maximum load - maybe around 2/3 max - I'm just guessing. The larger version was more practicable for me - don't need to run it as often as I would the smaller version. It travels in the garage and runs in the shower.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I will second all the recommendations previously. I think they are fantastic.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have one and it's great. Mainly used for underwear and shirts etc. The spin is really good if not overfilled.:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Link Removed

Excellent price, dunno how he does it especially with free delivery, he is selling them for peanuts profit, doubt if he is making a couple of pounds at time.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back