Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We are often in Europe and take the free and easy option of heading towards the sun and away from the rain. We fart about, (can I use the word fart) tracking down a hot spot and eventually manage to get a bit of a local forecast and an idea where to head for.

It occurred to me, that all those satellite channels in foreign languages probably have a dedicated weather channel. My problem is "I don't know which satellite to aim at, and I don't know which channel."

If anybody has done the research and found easy European weather forecasts on the satellite I'd love to know about it.

I did think about having a grumble about the fact that not one French supermarket in the northern two thirds of the country bothers to sell ice cubes, but I'll let it pass.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We are often in Europe and take the free and easy option of heading towards the sun and away from the rain. We fart about, (can I use the word fart) tracking down a hot spot and eventually manage to get a bit of a local forecast and an idea where to head for.

It occurred to me, that all those satellite channels in foreign languages probably have a dedicated weather channel. My problem is "I don't know which satellite to aim at, and I don't know which channel."

If anybody has done the research and found easy European weather forecasts on the satellite I'd love to know about it.

I did think about having a grumble about the fact that not one French supermarket in the northern two thirds of the country bothers to sell ice cubes, but I'll let it pass.

Just look on t'internet....... and its in English....:thumb:

And all the French Supermarkets do sell ice cubes.....:Doh:

But mostly in the bulk liquid form..........:ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

METEO

http://meteo.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:FRXX0052&q=Lille,+Nord

http://en.mappy.com/weather#d=Nord-Pas-de-Calais,+France
eteo

Link Removed

Just put the village in you require......

Mel:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I need to explain myself more fully. I do know that I can find weather details on the internet. It is all the traipsing about to get a hotspot that I am trying to avoid. So, thanks for the web site tips.

My question is about finding a satellite channel on the tv that gives europe weather forecasts.

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
one more comment, you might assert that all the supermarkets in france sell ice cubes, they just don't. they really, really do not.

Hagving gone round at least six major supermarkets and being told "no" we really do know thaP they do not selll ice cubes in northern france. By all means prove me wrong, name the shop, name the northern town. It won't happen.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I need to explain myself more fully. I do know that I can find weather details on the internet. It is all the traipsing about to get a hotspot that I am trying to avoid. So, thanks for the web site tips.

My question is about finding a satellite channel on the tv that gives europe weather forecasts.

Euronews channel (Ch 508 on Sky , also of Freesat Ch 204) goes round Europe with their regular weather bulletins every 30 mins or so.
Not hi-tech but you can see where the sun is shining each day and the temps with maps like this, if that is what you are looking for...

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
one more comment, you might assert that all the supermarkets in france sell ice cubes, they just don't. they really, really do not.

Hagving gone round at least six major supermarkets and being told "no" we really do know thaP they do not selll ice cubes in northern france. By all means prove me wrong, name the shop, name the northern town. It won't happen.

Auchan - St Omer (62500)

sac-de-glacons-10-kg-399414.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH