Travel to Spain (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I intend to travel to Spain at the end of this month, ferry is booked to Bilbao from Portsmouth.

I have opened the link on the Gov website to complete the online Health Control Form for entry to Spain, but one of the boxes asks for a flight number, even though the form states use for entry by air or sea. What have others filled in on this form

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
My view is that the form is indicative of something being thrown together, on the form for returning to the UK that we had to fill in when we returned at the end of March it was quite clear the form was thrown together as it had so many Americanisms in it that clearly showed it was initially used for something else.
Does it not prove we are all now treated like .......... l‘m going to stop at that as l am completely gutted at everything that’s happening to us all at the moment Most of it created by morons.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I intend to travel to Spain at the end of this month, ferry is booked to Bilbao from Portsmouth.

I have opened the link on the Gov website to complete the online Health Control Form for entry to Spain, but one of the boxes asks for a flight number, even though the form states use for entry by air or sea. What have others filled in on this form

They will give you the proper form on board the ship.Form on line will not accept ferry booking numberBUSBY.

OP
OP
Jonny1953
Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
My view is that the form is indicative of something being thrown together, on the form for returning to the UK that we had to fill in when we returned at the end of March it was quite clear the form was thrown together as it had so many Americanisms in it that clearly showed it was initially used for something else.
Does it not prove we are all now treated like .......... l‘m going to stop at that as l am completely gutted at everything that’s happening to us all at the moment Most of it created by morons.
This form is actually a Spanish form and we all know why all of this is happening to us at the moment, it started in a certain country

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
This form is actually a Spanish form and we all know why all of this is happening to us at the moment, it started in a certain country
Don't know about that but it was quite simple and no problem.BUSBY.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Our friends were not allowed to board the ferry at Portsmouth yesterday. They were travelling with their dog and had been to the vet to get the necessary health certificate but when DEFRA inspected it at the Port they said it was incorrectly worded and they were turned away. That’s in spite of them having a European pet passport for him which the Gov.UK website says is sufficient. Brexit......the gift that keeps on giving!

So please if you are travelling with a dog check and double check all the paperwork is absolutely spot on.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our friends were not allowed to board the ferry at Portsmouth yesterday. They were travelling with their dog and had been to the vet to get the necessary health certificate but when DEFRA inspected it at the Port they said it was incorrectly worded and they were turned away. That’s in spite of them having a European pet passport for him which the Gov.UK website says is sufficient. Brexit......the gift that keeps on giving!

So please if you are travelling with a dog check and double check all the paperwork is absolutely spot on.
Can you tell me please. Was the rabies vaccination out of date in the EU pet passport? Was that why they got the AHC, because their dog had to have a rabies booster in the UK. As for incorrectly worded. Beggars belief, I thought it was a form not a letter of introduction. Janie

P.S. Has anyone on here left the UK for Europe since January 1st, with a dog, with only a VALID EU Pet Passport. God knows why but Bob (glass more that half empty) keeps arguing with me over the validity, says no one has done it) driving me bonkers!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
P.S. Has anyone on here left the UK for Europe since January 1st, with a dog, with only a VALID EU Pet Passport. God knows why but Bob (glass more that half empty) keeps arguing with me over the validity, says no one has done it) driving me bonkers!
As you are spanish why would it concern you? Mine has a spanish passport up to date with yearly vac & rabies & that is all I would be using. I emailed defra & received a reply that there is no requirment for an eu passported dog to have an AHC

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
gus-lopez -lopez Because friends are not necessarily living in Spain. But have EU passports for pets. Because Bob keeps disagreeing with me. I state the rules. The EU ones and the UK ones. He says but ....no one on fun has said they have done xyz.
So this post that an EU passport was refused exiting the UK was ammunition. I think it probably the rabies booster was out of date. But I want that verified. Janie

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
i downloaded & printed a Passenger Location Form which I filled in on the ferry, it was then collected by ferry staff before disembarking. Sorry cannot remember where I located it to download, could have been from the Brittany Ferries website.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
In a Pickle could you please find out the reason for why their pets EU passport was not accepted. Thanks in anticipation. Janie
Well, what a weekend. It transpires that the vet who issued the health check certificate was not an Official Veterinarian and was therefore not supposed to be carrying out this duty. It’s all very odd as my friend had phoned around a few vets asking if they were able to do it and the one in question said yes they could for a fee of £150.

Their dog has a Spanish passport but unfortunately because of lockdown one of his boosters that became due had to be done by a vet in the U.K. and because the passport showed this information they said he could not be considered to have a European passport!

Long story short, fortunately they were in two cars as they were bringing back the Spanish registered one to sell, friends husband got on the ferry on his own with the Spanish car, my friend drove back to Norfolk in the U.K. car with the dog. She contacted the vet the following day who said they didn’t know what they were really doing as things were changing all the time! They have refunded the £150, my friends though are going to take further action for their losses as she then had to book a flight and travel out to Spain by air. Fortunately they have been able to leave the dog with their son. They were obviously going to return to the U.K. in the U.K. registered car but will now have the additional expense of both flying home. Plus the cost of the price of the unused ferry crossing back to the U.K......watch this space!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
In a Pickle, thanks for the update. It goes back to people having to find out information for themselves and NOT from the vet.
I can understand getting caught out by the not an official vet (now interested in how you check) though at £150 I would not have used that one.
However the passport, that has been very well publicised, DON'T let a UK vet write in it 2021 onwards. Some say it's just the rabies boosters but I would go so far as saying nothing. Nothing at all. This is obviously the action of 'nothing' rather than saying 🤔 nope, that still does not sound right. Just don't let a UK vet touch that EU pet passport.
As for the rest glad there was a solution and good luck to them with the other stuff. Janie

OP
OP
Jonny1953
Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Jonny1953 sorry only seen your message today and not used my internet much, keeping it for the F1 this weekend. Yes that was the form I used.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back