OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sus3v You must be so pleased with that - it's so exciting.

This project of mine was hanging around and finally finished.5DC065F8-B730-44A7-BEAF-BBCE03B96FA5.jpegHe makes a good door stop for now but will have to be rescued if/when we get our dog! I think the total number of applications to the Rescue Centre is up to eight but you have to be quick - they operate on a first come first served basis. Our latest is for two sisters so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Sus3v You must be so pleased with that - it's so exciting.

This project of mine was hanging around and finally finished.View attachment 501052
yes I ampleased - and pleased I finished it 🥳. A few unnoticed ends to sew in. Love your owl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
@ movan, you're quite right it's the artistic eye! (Sus3v , are those markers doing anything yet?)

snailtrailer , that's really lovely, does it have a shape inside that you put all the bits on?
Shhh - I am ignoring the marker pens - but still sketchbook ing when I go out walking 😊🙄C0904E77-4016-4B1C-9A07-C8832654D883.jpeg

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
It is a shape and then the 'feathers' and eyes are attached. There's a huge stone inside plus wadding and he sits on a covered circle of card. I couldn't decide which way the wings were meant to face.9DA0DE5F-351D-4C13-8CEE-F4B12462059E.jpeg

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
You are not alone.
signed anonymous (if you don’t look at my info on the left)
somewhere in Wales
🙋🏻‍♀️ Also guilty of ignoring cleaning. I’ve dropped some very heavy hints about employing a cleaner which have all been met with comments such as “but neither of us work and have plenty of time to do it” 😔
Which on the face of it appears to include himself as a potential cleaner 😂 which is hilarious as all he’s doing at the moment is creating mountains of dust and mess whilst building the kitchen extension.

Anyway, people of the learn to crochet thread, I have exciting news. Maybe not for you but I’m excited!
Nothing to do with crochet, but I’ve bought a projector to project digital patterns onto fabric which means not having to print, sellotape and store lots of sizes of paper patterns
It was delivered yesterday but I won’t open it until next week when I get back from doing family stuff, as I have lots to do before I leave in the morning and I won’t be able to resist starting to set it up if it’s out of the box!

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Shhh - I am ignoring the marker pens - but still sketchbook ing when I go out walking 😊🙄View attachment 501058
Good on you, the sketching, not the markers. I've bought a concertina, but well, just about the only walking I do at the moment is on site, it may eventually get used. Still working on portraits, they are starting to look like actual people, finally. :roflmto:
There doesn't seem to be an active painting/drawing/sketching/arting thread. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Good on you, the sketching, not the markers. I've bought a concertina, but well, just about the only walking I do at the moment is on site, it may eventually get used. Still working on portraits, they are starting to look like actual people, finally. :roflmto:
There doesn't seem to be an active painting/drawing/sketching/arting thread. I'm sure we're not the only ones.
No. I'm hoping we'll meet at some point :D
No. I'm hoping we'll meet at some point
:D
There’s definitely more to life than ‘tidy’ unless you live in Wales 😄, where meanings may differ. I am now at the inevitable (for me) stage of wondering what to do next. The all important thinking-about-it stage. This involves wasting spending time admiring the just finished blanket and being amazed by my own achievement; looking at Pinterest, Ravelry, art books, my photographs, images on line; more walking and sketching, staring at my stash of yarn wondering why I bought that weight/colour/amount/etc/etc.; re-reading the little note I made for myself... which says
prevarication is the thief of my time.
cos it is.
upcoming project(s) will almost certainly include ink and watercolour 🙂 in addition to some sort of wooly activity 😃🧶

show and tell ladies 👵🏼 I love seeing what others are getting up to - thank you everybody. If I hadn’t seen this thread I may not have restarted crocheting... I started a first-grandchild baby shawl about twenty one years ago and lost interest. added a few rows for a further grandchild about ten years ago, and still have an unfinished shawl about the size of a modest dinnertable placemat, (no idea where the pattern went, or what size hook I was using), a carrier-bags worth of Snuggly awaiting inspiration (or a great grandchild 🙄). I did make a baby bobble hat with one ball from the collection.
see how inspirational is motorhoming ! Who needs a personal trainer. I have you each and all 😄🥳.

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
(no idea where the pattern went, or what size hook I was using)
I also 'tidy' occasionally forgetting where I safely store precious projects......still looking :giggler:

It also sounds like we each have skills that could be shared for the benefit of all.... I have some watercolour experience and would love to improve my images of 'humans'. I knit but frequently drop stitches, crochet but struggle with a pattern. You might think this person is a disaster, but I am good at enthusiasm :D

I knitted this - sizes to be tea cosy or coffee pot

Attachments

• 56D0C721-9066-40FA-B84A-76B5F5C9D081.JPG
    56D0C721-9066-40FA-B84A-76B5F5C9D081.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 8
Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
I also 'tidy' occasionally forgetting where I safely store precious projects......still looking :giggler:

It also sounds like we each have skills that could be shared for the benefit of all.... I have some watercolour experience and would love to improve my images of 'humans'. I knit but frequently drop stitches, crochet but struggle with a pattern. You might think this person is a disaster, but I am good at enthusiasm :D

I knitted this - sizes to be tea cosy or coffee pot
I don’t knit. Your tea soy is lovely.
My mother lost patience when I insisted on holding the wool in my left hand and she became very frustrated. She had much less anxiety, and more success teaching me to crochet. I later learned that in Germany, holding the knitting wool in the left hand is acceptable. Crochet is better for me. For me too, ambition can outweigh talent 🙄 but “doing something” is always better than “doing nothing”. Keep going - at least these days we can improve in our own little space and there’s neither exam 🎉 nor “could do better doesn’t try” comment on a report 😊
I have ‘tea cosy’ in mind as a project... maybe, perhaps, possibly - dunno yet - lol

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sus3v the way that you hold your yarn that works for you is the correct way. I think several knitting methods have yarn held in the left hand.

I'm only doing a tidy as it was getting to the point where I couldn't get to my desk (which is near the door). 9 boxes to go before I can strt on the cubby holes and bookshelves :) Once done it will make me feel better - but I also have boxes under the "other" desk. I just don't know how I managed to collect so much stuff. I'm looking round and think that many of the cubbies have very little in them and I just need to have a good sort out and clear up and I will be able to see the wood again.

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
@Sus3v the way that you hold your yarn that works for you is the correct way. I think several knitting methods have yarn held in the left hand.
Here Here! I am left handed and often get funny looks - which I ignore and carry on :roflmto:

Our own meet up with bring & buy or Swap ?? :giggle:(y)

I sure have more than I can possibly use in the remainder of my life time, (even if I should live another 50 years!!!).

Wool, patchwork fabric, faux leather and bag fabric, bead supplies, oh and not to mention over 1300 embroidery thread spools - they all take room.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Sus3v , my grandma was German, she taught me to knit German and then in school I was taught the English way and I was totally confused and kept making a mess, I can't knit. I was in my thirties, wanting to learn to knit socks, and that person realised I was combining two methods. Now I knit the German way, yarn around left index finger, moving the needles rather than the yarn, I can knit!
Think we have discussed a skill share before. We could exchange some of our stash for someone else's stash...

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
you Are all correct - if it works for you, don’t fix or change it.
im not fond of knitting so don’t care - won’t try - don’t ask - can’t be bothered with it now. I shall spend my time improving my crochet and drawing and a bit of painting - oh and reading - and occasionally loitering here - and walking - and of course going places in the Moho-van - 👵🏼

May 20, 2021
Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ladies and gents, we have a new crocheter (???) in our midst.. I'm hoping I can persuade her to post on here. MarilynMonroe
Oh dear Movan
My message hasn't appeared here or photo of poppy ... gosh...wonder where it ended 🤔 up!?

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Hi Sugarnan and movan
This was my last piece of work 😪 not much to show really 😕.
I love crocheting and have done it for years but can't follow a pattern. I've seen some lovely stuff on here...thank you Movan, I appreciate your thoughtfulness ❤

Attachments​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back