DEAD man WAKES UP IN MORGUE (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
You could never make this up, you just need to look at the last sentence to see that we are NOT all the same, there is a huge difference in cultures and education that will take centuries or more to catch up, because they are still so far behind and being kept that way by corrupt governments wanting control, and who actually don't care.

"We need to [get] the message across to all South Africans that it is very wrong for them to conclude on their own that a person has died," he said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14275271

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
:Eeek: This is why I don't want to be buried or cremated. Just leave me on top of a mountain for the birds to peck. :whatthe:

Ivy

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
And this statement in the report is even MORE worrying :Eeek:

"You begin to ask yourself how many other people have died like that in a morgue," said Mr Kupelo.

Oh, and he wasn't that bad according to reports: "Doctors put him under observation and concluded he was stable," Eastern Cape health spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo said.

"He did not need further treatment." :Eeek:

Mind you I think the Morticians assistants electric saw may well wake you up if you are lucky, how many have been BURIED ALIVE :Eeek: :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I believe that scratch marks have been found on the inside of coffin lids in this country. I don't know how many years/centuries ago this would have occurred. :Eeek: In fact, that is why a wake is called that. They all sat around the coffin for a certain length of time to see if the deceased would wake.

Ivy

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I know when I`m dead cos I`ll read it in the obituries, see I read them every week cos no bugger tells me owt:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I believe that scratch marks have been found on the inside of coffin lids in this country. I don't know how many years/centuries ago this would have occurred. :Eeek: In fact, that is why a wake is called that. They all sat around the coffin for a certain length of time to see if the deceased would wake.

Ivy

In my family, I always thought it was Gaelic for "Piss up"!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I believe that scratch marks have been found on the inside of coffin lids in this country. I don't know how many years/centuries ago this would have occurred. :Eeek: In fact, that is why a wake is called that. They all sat around the coffin for a certain length of time to see if the deceased would wake. Ivy

Nice to see someone paying attention to my old posts :ROFLMAO:

[FONT=&quot]Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial. They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake. :thumb:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nice to see someone paying attention to my old posts :ROFLMAO:

[FONT=&quot]Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial. They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake. :thumb:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

from wiki

The English word "wake" originated from the ancient Indo-European root "wog" or "weg," meaning "to be active." This evolved into several meanings, including "growth" ("vegetable"), "to become or stay alert," and "watching or guarding." The third also evolved into the word "watch," and it is in this sense that people have a "wake" for someone who recently died.[1] While the modern usage of the verb "wake" is "become or stay alert" meaning, a "wake" for the dead harks back to the antiquated "watch" or "guard" sense. This is contrary to the urban legend that people at a wake are waiting in case the deceased should "wake up.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don't take any notice Ivy, Wiki is useful at times but as bad as believing what you read in the newspapers! :Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Don't take any notice Ivy, Wiki is useful at times but as bad as believing what you read in the newspapers! :Blush:

Indeed, don't take wiki at face value.. I don't .. it is only one point of reference.. I read several sites before posting... do your own Googling .. :winky:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
He should have dressed himself in a white gown and told his fellow villagers, he was the second coming. He would have been set up for life.

Yet another reason not to put in your will, "I want my wrists cut before I am buried".

When I was thirteen, I managed to get into the local cinema to watch Psycho. I thought if I bought a circle ticket and carried a box of cigarettes, they would think I was old enough. Well that worked and it was on a Thursday afternoon and it was pensioner day. I lit a Consulate fag and sat there with an increasing flame on the end as I had lit the wrong end and watched the second film first entitled "The Premature Burial". My God that has bothered me ever since. If you want to spend many nights awake order this one of the internet.

I only watched Psycho as far as when the mother was spun around in her chair and then I fled with an old age pensioner emitting a cackley laugh as I exited. :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back