Adria Matrix 670 SLT Plus (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Sounds like a lot of corrosion on the nuts!
Don't feel like cold chiselling mine

Thanks for your help advice but you did not say what the difference the ride height and stability was after fitting.
Cheers.

the ride is less wallowy ( if thats a word ) and more stable on roundabouts or when your passing trucks, and generally smoother.

with regard to the cold chisel, think i have not described it well.... the whole bump stop is screwed into the top chassis there are no nuts to go rusty or corrode .. see picture below.. you either need an extremely large grips or a special tool or a cold chisel on the edge.. in the groove that is there to wind them in or out.

one or two hard taps is enough to lose them off and screw out by hand.
1621261406771.png

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Many thanks for your help and photos.
Mine is the same layout as yours and looks a neat job to do.
Is that a scissor -type Jack underneath the waste tank!?
Did you have to raise the rear without pressure on the axle to fit the bags?
Lastly, hope your gonna treat the surface corrosion on the axle with Waxoyl soon! Down south we don't get too much salt corrosion from roads.
Colin
Yeah big scissor jack on the end of the leaf spring just enough to lift the body enough to get the bump stops off. No need for any other jacking. I only get about 50mm lift at the rear with 5 bar I only put that in when going on and off ferries or for a bit of levelling. Usually run with 2 bar. There's a lot less wallowing on corners and a but steadier whe passing trucks on the motorway. I'm treating the axle soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Now i am bored with waiting and have resorted to internet browsing and buying .....

can anyone advise if they have fitted additional extras to their Adria, specifically B2B (looking at a a Sterling 30 or 50 Amp), Vanbitz batter master or are they not needed as on board systems are more than adequate? considering adding air suspension as its not an Alco chassis and we had a Bolero with it on and were quite impressed with it

i will def be fitting another leisure battery - currently (bad pun) only has one but i have been informed that i could fit two, and some sort of solar set up - prob as much as i can fit on

can any other Adria owners suggest what they added extra that they deemed to be required please, thanks
Hi I have a Matrix 670sl I'm in the middle of fitting a b2b charger , I have a 130 solar panel as well that charges the 2 leisure batteries and the cab battery,I also fitted rear Dunlop air bags what a difference they make .

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi I have a Matrix 670sl I'm in the middle of fitting a b2b charger , I have a 130 solar panel as well that charges the 2 leisure batteries and the cab battery,I also fitted rear Dunlop air bags what a difference they make .
Is there room for two leisure batteries? What size do you have. I am going to try and get a large domestic solar panel of at least 250 watts. Definitely going to look at air bags on the rear !!

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
We have 2 large 110Ahr leisure batteries fitted under the 5th seat. see attachments.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    399 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    492.6 KB · Views: 38
Sep 2, 2020
Ferndown Dorset
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 C
Exp
Coachbult Newbie but 45+yrs caravanning
Fitted gauges in the garage. No joints in the air line. Just mafe a bend with no kinks under the floor. Sealed the holes with CT1. ran the pipes along the chassis inside some piping for protection. I ran to the middle near the handbrake cable fixing then to the airbags. The airline entry is on the bottom of these bags so there needs to be room for moment in the line. A big bend in the lines gives that flexibility
Thanks IRHP for photos. Spoke to the seller today and he warned me about the repositioning needed on newer models for the abs bracket & cable. Did you need to do this and if so whats involved? Also where did you get the guages?
Cheers 🤔

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
The mod for the brake sensor was very simple. It just involves cutting or bending a small bracket that holds the cable. You need to do this or it would interfere with the upper bracket that sits in place of the bump stop. Pics might show what's required. The gauges are the ones I got with the kit. I think the seller is supplying different type now

Attachments

• 20200711_110639.jpg
    20200711_110639.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200711_114801.jpg
    20200711_114801.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200711_115656.jpg
    20200711_115656.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200711_114801.jpg
    20200711_114801.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 74
Sep 2, 2020
Ferndown Dorset
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 C
Exp
Coachbult Newbie but 45+yrs caravanning
Many thanks for photos. Is that the ABS & wire bracket your finger is pointing to?

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Many thanks for photos. Is that the ABS & wire bracket your finger is pointing to?
That’s the bracket after the bottom section is cut off. The red mark is what I cut out to take the cable and grommet. You don’t touch the sensor it’s just wires going to it that need to be moved slightly. It’s a very thin bracket. Cuts and drills easily. The other pics show it before anything is done then another with the cable and grommet pulled out before cutting. When you remove the bump stop it’s easy to tell how much needs cut off. The kit came with instructions showing what to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Is there room for two leisure batteries? What size do you have. I am going to try and get a large domestic solar panel of at least 250 watts. Definitely going to look at air bags on the rear !!
off to collect our new (to us motorhome today ....!!!) then pack it up ready for Peterborough .......

loads of projects planned, solar, additional battery, b2b, battery master, air assist, sat dish (i know most people dont 'need' one LOL), MIFI roof aerial

have already purchased

sat dish
235w solar panel and mountings

so will be hunting for bargains at Peterborough - i need

B2B
Vanbitz Battery Master
Solar MPPT 20A (and cable, roof gland etc)
Additional Battery or two matched replacements

A Partridge and hopefully a Pear Tree ....

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp

Attachments

• 20210411_120334_resized.jpg
    20210411_120334_resized.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 21

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
I have 2 110 amp batteries yes there is room for them attached a photo, only thing I'm worried about is fitting the victron b2b don't know if I can wire it in a small normal without doing anything to vans original unit I have asked Adria customer service but as usual they are just useless no help what so ever .

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Eee by Eck MisterB tha’t going through some motorhomes lad!!
As Trout bum says you can get two 110ah batts in there (we have gels in the Sonic) I also have the votronic solar MPPT in there, dunno where the B2B will go when I decide on getting one🤷‍♂️ That’ll be the installers problem😉😁😁

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I have 2 110 amp batteries yes there is room for them attached a photo, only thing I'm worried about is fitting the victron b2b don't know if I can wire it in a small normal without doing anything to vans original unit I have asked Adria customer service but as usual they are just useless no help what so ever .

Eee by Eck MisterB tha’t going through some motorhomes lad!!
As Trout bum says you can get two 110ah batts in there (we have gels in the Sonic) I also have the votronic solar MPPT in there, dunno where the B2B will go when I decide on getting one🤷‍♂️ That’ll be the installers problem😉😁😁
I will be picking your brains constantly by the sounds of it, picked ours up yesterday and now realise there's plenty if room for an additional battery, but not so confident about the large solar panel as I have a sat dish to get on the roof as well.....

Spent a few hours today sorting TV out, thankfully we had an Avtex 18 inch as our Avtex 24 inch doesn't fit ...

Really liking it so far though..

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I will be picking your brains constantly by the sounds of it, picked ours up yesterday and now realise there's plenty if room for an additional battery, but not so confident about the large solar panel as I have a sat dish to get on the roof as well.....

Spent a few hours today sorting TV out, thankfully we had an Avtex 18 inch as our Avtex 24 inch doesn't fit ...

Really liking it so far though..
You will love the adria quality👍
Re the solar panels, I’ve found out we can only get the 540mm wide ones to fit properly around the roof lights (adria sonic 2013)
Re the avtex, we have the 21” avtex pro series, fits spot on but I have a feeling your tv space is different to ours.
Ask away, if I can help, I will, but I don’t do electrikery😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back