Cowal Gathering (1 Viewer)

cookingfat

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
Exp
brand new
Any sites close to this highland games event? We are in Edinboro for the Tattoo, leave on the 25th, so it seems sensible to 'do Cowal' and have the full Jockenese experience.

Mrs Cookinfat is a 'sweaty sock' (jock) so it makes her happy to have an overdose of Scottish culture once a year.

It's the bagpipes that get me.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Any sites close to this highland games event? We are in Edinboro for the Tattoo, leave on the 25th, so it seems sensible to 'do Cowal' and have the full Jockenese experience.

Mrs Cookinfat is a 'sweaty sock' (jock) so it makes her happy to have an overdose of Scottish culture once a year.

They get me too. Go shivery all over. Love them.:Smile:

Must be some Scottish ancestry somewhere - though I also like eillann pipes, Northumbrian pipes and Gallegan pipes, but not so keen on waste water pipes (though they do have their uses:Doh:)

John

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Any sites close to this highland games event? We are in Edinboro for the Tattoo, leave on the 25th, so it seems sensible to 'do Cowal' and [HI]have the full Jockenese experience.[/HI]

You want to see the REAL Scotland, the REAL Scots and the REAL culture.. ?

Keep away from Edinburgh . .. it's just an oversized theme park for and full of tourists.. full of cheap and not so cheap tat ... The games and bagpipes... .. ditto

Scotland is not about ruined castles, kilts and bagpipes..

Stay in or near Glasgow.. visit the art galleries and museums, stroll along the streets and enjoy the grand Victorian architecture .. enjoy a great shopping experience, then visit some great pubs and meet REAL people .. a warm welcome awaits you .. and take a ride on one of the first underground train systems.. locally known as the Clockwork Orange ( so called because it is painted orange and is tiny compared to a normal sized train) :roflmto:

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back