Google + feedback and help (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thought I'd start a thread for users of Google+ , post your comments, likes / dislikes and any issues ..

My first impression is that it has an easy and friendly user interface ... I like

1. The ability to create circles .. which means you only share stuff with the members , not all and sundry.
2. Works seamlessly with other Google products and in particular Picasa web albums
3. You have to 'opt in' to share personal stuff.. unlike Facebook where you have to opt out.

Dislikes

Only one so far, 'hang out' video chat is not supported on PPC Mac.. a huge disappointment but to be expected.. it's an old OS and will soon be confined to history.. but there must be millions of PPC owners who feel left out.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Well,got it all working,including 'hangout' just can't find M/home Fun Circle cos where it said log-in with Google name I did just that,forgetting that I'd given Jim my AOL email addy and presumably my invite is only good for that.
Think I read someone else has same prob-what's the solution ?

Mike.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well,got it all working,including 'hangout' just can't find M/home Fun Circle cos where it said log-in with Google name I did just that,forgetting that I'd given Jim my AOL email addy and presumably my invite is only good for that.
Think I read someone else has same prob-what's the solution ?

Mike.

As I understand it, the person who 'owns' or starts the circle has to send invites to it ..

so, lets say you start a circle called 'motorhome' , you then add the contacts to that circle by sliding them from your contacts list or entering their email addy.. that will send invites to join..

as I said, that's just my understanding, I'm still learning ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Mobile phones...

There is no native app for Blackberry and from what I've gleaned none planned.. this is a drawback for me .. and dare I say a mistake by Google.. Blackberry's are very popular..

See if your phone is supported and get the app if it is

http://www.google.com/mobile/+/

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Google+ Runs Out Of Disk Space!

As you may know, overwhelming would be an understatement to the response received by Google's new social networking service Google+. So overwhelming was the response that apparently, Google+ ran out of disk space, resulting in a torrent of alert notifications to users.

Link Removed

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
Well I am in but only a couple in my circles:cry::cry:

Found it easy to use other than finding anyone to chat to ,think it will be good when completed though :thumb:

Oops this is Kath posting

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It would be nice if the funsters could add their user names as i don't know their real names and get confused . I only know just a few . I have used both: "Frankie Yodeli" . Sometimes a pic doesn't help if we never met :RollEyes:
I have created a FUN circle and have already put a few funsters in this circle but don't know who is who :Blush::Blush: ... except 2 or 3 :Doh:

Hope to have plenty of funsters in my Fun circle::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
It would be nice if the funsters could add their user names as i don't know their real names and get confused . I only know just a few . I have used both: "Frankie Yodeli" . Sometimes a pic doesn't help if we never met :RollEyes:
I have created a FUN circle and have already put a few funsters in this circle but don't know who is who :Blush::Blush: ... except 2 or 3 :Doh:

Hope to have plenty of funsters in my Fun circle::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

Frankie i have you in my circle, I do have a pic up of me as you do too ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

do you know how we can chat to each other ?

Have you activated your mail as there seems to be lots of info there

Kath

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well word seems to be spreading... had a few requests from folk in other circles I move in.. So far pretty good !

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
well I think I joined after receiving my invite but not sure what to do now:Blush:. I I am so thick when it comes to these technical thingies so any help would be gratefully received, thank you:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back