Well well well just had our 1st week end away in our camper toured the
west coast off Wales and very nice it was lovely and sunny all wk,
but hey that could not b said for the campers we meet,have never
seen so many unsocialable people and none of them seemed very
happy.
Is it the climate we now live in
When we were tenters people seemed more friendly at least they talked
motorhomers sat in side watching telly.
Do we have to go back to tenting we hope not.
Were down in cornwall on the 6th aug for a week hope it gets better.

A disappointed Abforfun:cry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Should have popped into see us [Link Removed] We'd have talked to you::bigsmile: Hope you have a great trip to Cornwall:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
It is surprising how many people are shy or possibly think you may not want to be bothered. We have found that mostly a few words from us and sometimes you can't stop them. :roflmto:
On a CL at Harwood Dale the other day we were parked next to a tugger. As he was packing up to go we got talking, luvverly people and they wished we had met earlier. Gave em some info on our recent French trip and upcoming stay at Parc Verger this winter and the were full of it, taking copious notes and thanking us profusely.
So when they get out of their van for summat, find an excuse to get out of yours and start things off, believe me you will be pleasantly surprised. :thumb:

OP
OP
abforfun
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
It is surprising how many people are shy or possibly think you may not want to be bothered. We have found that mostly a few words from us and sometimes you can't stop them. :roflmto:
On a CL at Harwood Dale the other day we were parked next to a tugger. As he was packing up to go we got talking, luvverly people and they wished we had met earlier. Gave em some info on our recent French trip and upcoming stay at Parc Verger this winter and the were full of it, taking copious notes and thanking us profusely.
So when they get out of their van for summat, find an excuse to get out of yours and start things off, believe me you will be pleasantly surprised. :thumb:

Believe:thumb: me i tried

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
get a sensibly sized dog never stuck for conversation when you walk it or apologize for it

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Some folks just want peace and quiet and can't be bothered making small talk.. and that's fine by me.. I respect that.

At the other end of the spectrum you get the 'friendly' type who come over, start talking and telling you their whole life story, bore the ass off you and don't leave till it's gone bedtime.. :RollEyes:

Nowt queerer than folk.. but makes life interesting

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back