Solar panel (1 Viewer)

Dfc

Free Member
May 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690g
After several years of deliberation we have recently taken delivery of a new Burstner 690g. After a couple of days getting familiarised it was apparent that there were no lights flashing on the Teleco solar controller under the passenger seat. We took the van back to the dealer who determined that the wiring was reversed. This was corrected and the leds now light up. However, the 100% light is constantly flashing and never settles. I assumed that once the battery was at 100% the led would stay steady. This happens even when the van has been on mains hook up overnight at which point the battery should be fully charged. just thought I would ask before talking to the dealer again.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it has been wired in reverse its probably :swear2:.
Check the voltages coming in & out of the controller, input from the panel should be up to 22v in bright sunlight, if the battery is taking a charge it could be as low as 16v.
The output will vary on the state of the battery if the battery is partly discharged the output voltage from the controller should gradualy rise up to a max of 14.4v as the battery charges and then drop to a float charge of 13.8v.

Mr mrs tupcox

Free Member
May 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
10 years
What a strange place to fit a solar charger under a seat so every time you want look you have get on your hands and knees..

Also sounds like something's a miss with it ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Does this link take you to the correct manual for your controller? If so, scroll down to the English version. Sections 5 & 6 cover the lights & troubleshooting.

Do you have a multimeter?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
What a strange place to fit a solar charger under a seat so every time you want look you have get on your hands and knees..
You're supposed to fit the solar controller close to the battery. I assume it's to reduce voltage loss? Is the hab battery also under the seat? But yeah, unless it's got a remote screen or app, it is an annoying position.

Mr mrs tupcox

Free Member
May 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
10 years
You're supposed to fit the solar controller close to the battery. I assume it's to reduce voltage loss? Is the hab battery also under the seat? But yeah, unless it's got a remote screen or app, it is an annoying position.
You assume right but if you use good cable and 4mm thickness , a cupboard at eye height is ok .
Well they have been on the ones I've fitted ..

OP
OP
D

Dfc

Free Member
May 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690g
Hab battery under the drivers seat. Charging and distribution fuses etc under passenger seat. Wiring is confusing as blue is positive from the solar panel and brown negative Into into the solar controller. However outgoing wires are brown positive blue negative. Originally wired blue positive out and brown negative. Didn’t work in that config. 20+v going in. 14.5 out to the under seat distribution fuse unit etc. Van been on mains all night hab battery showing 13+ v
solar light still flashing on the 100% led. Will have to see if I can get it checked out with our local Burstner dealer.

Dec 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
Since 2012
We collected our 728g 3 weeks ago and the controller wasn't plugged into the Electroblock!

OP
OP
D

Dfc

Free Member
May 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690g
Thanks for the link to the manual. I have a copy anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back