Campsite close to Madrid (1 Viewer)

Aussielyn

Free Member
Nov 30, 2010
Funster No
Hello All

Like so many people whose feeds I have read, I am new to motorhome camping in europe. I have to visit someone in Madrid from 17 - 25 August and am looking for the closest campsite to Madrid. Also, I am an Australian with a German motorhome, therefore German camping gas tanks. Will I have problems getting these filled? I know that last year we couldn't get them filled in France.

Thank you in advance.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hello All

Like so many people whose feeds I have read, I am new to motorhome camping in europe. I have to visit someone in Madrid from 17 - 25 August and am looking for the closest campsite to Madrid. Also, I am an Australian with a German motorhome, therefore German camping gas tanks. Will I have problems getting these filled? I know that last year we couldn't get them filled in France.

Thank you in advance.

This motorhome aire is in Madrid ..
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207590977793691629247.00048b73088765d92420e&msa=0&ll=40.396111,-3.61918&spn=0.008334,0.013797

LPG stations are few and far between in Spain.. see location map
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=218062938126361983489.00045c0c2ec92a3f46ca4&msa=0

You can buy LPG tank adapters from Gaslow (just Google) .. a picture would help identify which one you specifically need for your tank.. or identify from the aforementioned supplier's site

OP
OP
A

Aussielyn

Free Member
Nov 30, 2010
Funster No
Many thanks

Many thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. I have ordered a book from Vicarious books entitled the Aires (or maybe called something else in Spain) of Spain and Portugal. Hopefully it will enlighten me. I don't suppose there is a website that lists Aires in Spain?

Thanks also for the info on the gas. It is actually cooking gas that I need to fill up with. I do have adaptors for each country. Learnt that the hard way last year in France. So hopefully, all will be well. I am actually very green about this whole motorhome situation but hopefully I will get better at it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Many thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. I have ordered a book from Vicarious books entitled the Aires (or maybe called something else in Spain) of Spain and Portugal. Hopefully it will enlighten me. I don't suppose there is a website that lists Aires in Spain?

Thanks also for the info on the gas. [HI] It is actually cooking gas that I need to fill up with[/HI]. I do have adaptors for each country. Learnt that the hard way last year in France. So hopefully, all will be well. I am actually very green about this whole motorhome situation but hopefully I will get better at it.

Autogas/LPG/GPL as supplied at filling stations for LPG powered vehicles is what you fill your 'cooking' gas tank with .. there are no filling stations specifically for cooking gas.

Best site I know for aires in Spain is Link Removed

edit.. perhaps I have misunderstood.. are you referring to German bottled gas .. not a fixed tank?

If so, then you cannot refill them.. you will need to buy Spanish bottles and a new regulator .. available from most petrol stations who also have regulators.

OP
OP
A

Aussielyn

Free Member
Nov 30, 2010
Funster No
Yes German Motorhome with German Gas tanks

Yes I am referring to German bottled Gas - I don't have a gas tank. Thank you for your help I thought that that might be the case. I will just buy an extra bottle when I get over there. I do have adaptors.

Lyn

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If so, then you cannot refill them.. you will need to buy Spanish bottles and a new regulator .. available from most petrol stations who also have regulators.

Except they will now not supply her unless she can produce a Spanish certificate for the whole gas system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Except they will now not supply her unless she can produce a Spanish certificate for the whole gas system.

I wasn't aware of that Brian.. is this recent legislation.. ?

I know it can be difficult without an empty bottle.. but these are easily acquired.. I picked up two from the camp site office .. no charge, then exchanged at the local service station..

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Repsol sell gas, it is in silver containers shaped like beer kegs unless things have changed you do not need a cert to get gas from them, also some of the garages on the more common routes in spain sell that gas you can get all over europe usually in the small 2.5/3kg size - camping gaz, it is also sold in local diy/hardware shops. You can usually get the empty orange gas bottles from any of the big carboot/weekly markets

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm just passing on this....... See John and Joan

Link Removed

Thanks Brian ... after reading I recall the thread ..

buying bottles 'officially' has always been a problem without an address in Spain .. this makes it doubly difficult .. .. but as I mentioned, easy to get on the black market ..

Same as the UK, it's a lot cheaper to buy a an empty Calor bottle at a boot sale or pick one up at a council recycling centre ..

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years

Hi lads
Go to any Rastro in Spain and you should be able to buy either silver or red butane or propane empty gas bottles for no more than 10euros take them to any garage selling gas and you can exchange for full ones no problem
regards
David :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back