Just bought my first motorhome (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Been here a little while now making a nuisance of myself but have at last, after a lot of research and looking, bought my first motorhome. Went for an A class and found a very nice example of a 1998 Hymer B544 with only 18000 miles on the clock. Hope to pick it up this week and get out in it in a couple of weeks. See you out there hopefully.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Drew, great choice of motorhome, we have one just a year younger and are very pleased with it indeed. Enjoy:thumb:

OP
OP
Drew
Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Hi Jim

Took on board all the great advice in your book about buying motorhomes, got a grand off the price and an 80 watt solar panel fitted as well. The previous owner is the dealer and he has made some well thought out mods, bigger intercooler and air ride suspension, Thacham 1 alarm, microwave (not sure how useful that will be though).
:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Been here a little while now making a nuisance of myself but have at last, after a lot of research and looking, bought my first motorhome. Went for an A class and found a very nice example of a 1998 Hymer B544 with only 18000 miles on the clock. Hope to pick it up this week and get out in it in a couple of weeks. See you out there hopefully.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

We have noticed you being a nuisance:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But on a serious note well done and you will enjoy the freedom it brings :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Drew

your post made me smile.It reminded me of the thrill of anticipation when we got our very first motorhome all the way back in 1988. Ours was a panel van conversion from Liesuredrive in Manchester and when we picked it up I felt like a king. There is nothing like the feeling of knowing your picking up something that will give you loads of fun and get you to places where you can use it to stay in.

Good luck and safe and happy motoring in the new van and remember the motto I have always had since I got a motorhome...." wherever I park my van, thats my home"

Bessy regs

Kenny

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Enjoy!!!!! I'm still researching, and looking longingly at all the m/homes on the roads right now
Just bought the Guide instantly downloaded on to my Kindle. Best gadget I ever bought as it can be a long wait here for British books.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim

Took on board all the great advice in your book about buying motorhomes, got a grand off the price and an 80 watt solar panel fitted as well.
:Cool:

Did you not see the bit in the book about the commission? ::bigsmile:

Glad you found the Motorhome Buyers Guide useful, please, if you would be so kind and leave a review at the bottom ofLink Removed Thanks:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You surely can't go wrong there. You could drive it round the world and then it will be just about run in. One of The Classic MH designs. Quality.

Bit modern for a "classic" isn't it Brian?

Now a 1987 Hymer 660S... that is a classic...:winky::winky::winky:

JJ

PS. Welcome to the Fun Drew...

Attachments

• freeloader 1.jpg
    freeloader 1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 11

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire