does it ? ? ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to ask such a mundane question but when I am driving our Compass avant-garde 120 low profile, does the engine charge the leisure battery as well as the vehicle battery ? and what position should the 3 way switch be in (aux..off..veh) I know I could connect a meter to the leisure batt to find out but its raining here in suffolk and I thought you folks would know. Thanks in anticipation. Mitch and Jenny.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
yes it does:thumb:
dont matter where the threeway switch is it will charge.:thumb:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
If it's like our Bessie, the three-way switch will enable you to choose whether to charge the vehicle battery or caravan battery when hooked up to the mains.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
re batt charging

Many thanks Chrisgreen, cheered me right up, off to Holkham country fair this weekend up on the north Norfolk coast and staying in a CL nearby. Happy" vanning" never mind the weather. All the best mate. Mitch and Jenny.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know I could connect a meter to the leisure batt to find out but its raining here in suffolk and I thought you folks would know.

We can't meter it for you. That is the only way to be sure. It may in theory be charged from the engine but the reality ???

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Have a good weekend:thumb:

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
re charging

You are right of course Brian( as you normally appear to be) I will check it during the weekend away, I should really be able to decipher the wiring diagram that came with the van, being ex veh tech, but its drawn in lilliput and the magnifying glass sucks my eyeball out.( not literally you understand) Thanks for your input anyway. We are still in a state of euphoria at the moment because Jenny took early retirement 2 weeks ago and got the all clear from her cancer 1 week ago and I proposed to her last week, so as you can imagine,,
Happy daze.... All the best Mitch and Jenny.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
You are right of course Brian( as you normally appear to be) I will check it during the weekend away, I should really be able to decipher the wiring diagram that came with the van, being ex veh tech, but its drawn in lilliput and the magnifying glass sucks my eyeball out.( not literally you understand) Thanks for your input anyway. We are still in a state of euphoria at the moment because Jenny took early retirement 2 weeks ago and got the all clear from her cancer 1 week ago and I proposed to her last week, so as you can imagine,,
Happy daze.... All the best Mitch and Jenny.

Congratulations on all counts :coolthumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
put the meter onto DC Volts and hold one lead on each battery terminal. (if you have it the wrong way round it will read a nevative figure but not hurt anything)take a reading, then start the engine and see if the voltage goes up, (Making sure the meter leads are the same way around as for the first reading) if it does you have lift off, if not then you have a problem A charging voltage of around 14V is normal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back