Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hi

So, as the M/H is fine, we have decided to have the upholstery re done so this is where you lot come in so to speak !!!!!

I am sure many of you have had this carried out but as I am certain it won't be cheap, we want to choose the best for the money outlay.

Could you advise us on who you highly recommend, I have two names at the moment : A1 & Regal Furnishings although i think regal will be to pricey for me and a1 is a long way from me but i dont mind if it worth it.

Appreciate your feedback and if possible, an idea of how much was paid for the work?

Thanks all

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We were booked to go to Regal but had a major problem that prevented the visit..
I felt bad letting them down but it was unavoidable

Again due to circumstance ended up using CareAvaN ( Link Removed

Was treated with the utmost respect and the quality of work was top notch

Mainly dealt with the son ( Paul ) who could not have been more helpful..
In fact the whole experience was worthy of a fairly big thumbs up :thumb:

( There was a minor issue with one part of trim, but boss man ( Paul's dad, and ashamed to say I cannot remember his name ) took one look and had it sorted in no time. )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Chris will let you know next week as we are having ours done thurs/fri at Reluxe in Ilkeston have been quoted at £1500 without seeing my van :winky::Cool: cheers
Mike

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
thing is with our motorhome there is no foam to replace as they are sprung cushions,so its really just the fabric that needs doing.
there is a guy local to us but he was talking silly money:Eeek:
im talking less than a grand,and i will get it done for that.:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi, Chris will let you know next week as we are having ours done thurs/fri at Reluxe in Ilkeston have been quoted at £1500 without seeing my van :winky::Cool: cheers
Mike

Hi Mike, we will be interested to know how you get on at Reluxe. We spoke to them at Belvoir Castle and have a provisional appointment with them in November.
Brisey.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you find someone less than a grand let me know....
That was my "dream" until I started to get quotes.. With no foam change they seem to quote £2k ish..!!! My van is about the same size as yours with dinette and rear U lounge..

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
That was my "dream" until I started to get quotes.. With no foam change they seem to quote £2k ish..!!! My van is about the same size as yours with dinette and rear U lounge..
will do:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try a domestic upholsterer-I did and he did a cracking job on the captains chairs. If you can source your own material so much the better.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Had our static done by Careavan!! My advice do not go there their customer care is crap and the job they did for us is third rate. More than a year down the line they were supposed to be redoing our curtain swags....despite having my phone No and e mail address they have never contacted me. If ever a company deserved to fail they do. :Angry:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi Mike, we will be interested to know how you get on at Reluxe. We spoke to them at Belvoir Castle and have a provisional appointment with them in November.
Brisey.

Hi, Brisey no problem,:Cool::thumb:
we saw them at Belvoir Castle too

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I know where it can be done for a lot less than a grand :thumb: excellent job :thumb: but it would be a case of dropping off your cushions and seats then pick up next week.PM me if you want the number ::bigsmile: I do not recommend anyone unless I AM CONFIDENT THE WORK IS GOOD QUALITY AND REASONABLE PRICE
TERRY

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Well Care A van charged us £750.00 and completed it in JUST over a day

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We recently, (four weeks ago) had ours all done by a local long established upholsterer. We have a U shaped rear longe/overcab/two other single seats, he also recovered TOTALLY the front driver and passenger seats, for £1500 no foam needed. All of the covers had zips fitted, and all small bits like the hooks for the overcab ladder were refitted.
Although a lump of money, we thoguht that it was...and would be in the future, better to deal with a local chap. The job is top quality and we are happy bunnies:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back