home 6.30.this morning (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi guys....well, i arrived home on tues morning,got settled in on my drive.hooked up and done the usual stuff .done more or less everything that had to be done.and after traveling all nite,i decided it was time for a kip:Smile:....woke up all refreshed at 4.pm.ready to conquor the world again.::bigsmile:and went to go out and sit in the sunshine with a nice cup of tea,and would yoo believe it,bloody lift wouldent work,:Sad: i cant operate it manually on my own,so i rang a company in dublin,who i usually deal with. no problem, can yoo wait till the morning as we have a van near to you, if not we can organise something else, ...i said i can wait,for tomorrow.anyways lunchtime the chap turns up and within an hour all working again:thumb:,microswitch on the blink,so new one fitted, when i asked him how much do i owe him,he said, dont worry about it we were in the area, i pleaded with him to at least take some diesel money off me,but no he wouldent have it, so thanks to this nice kind gentleman,:thumb: i am now mobile again, so as i missed out on pottering about the place, i got up at 6am this morning and started to get ready for the off this weekend,oh and here is a couple of piccys, one is me at work....another one is my little black friend,:Smile: nobody owns him,he,s a stray, and he always pops round when i turn up, he thinks he,s a wild rabbit, i,m surprised he,s still alive and the foxes havent got him yet,...i did think about bringing him on board with me, but it might cause a bit of a stew among other campers:roflmto:,and the other is where funsters can park up and stay as long as they want, no charge ,take no notice of the weeeds it all hard standing,and i can take any size rv.s with trailer as well,..............happy days all smudger:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 92

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
hi guys....well, i arrived home on tues morning,got settled in on my drive.hooked up and done the usual stuff .done more or less everything that had to be done.and after traveling all nite,i decided it was time for a kip:Smile:....woke up all refreshed at 4.pm.ready to conquor the world again.::bigsmile:and went to go out and sit in the sunshine with a nice cup of tea,and would yoo believe it,bloody lift wouldent work,:Sad: i cant operate it manually on my own,so i rang a company in dublin,who i usually deal with. no problem, can yoo wait till the morning as we have a van near to you, if not we can organise something else, ...i said i can wait,for tomorrow.anyways lunchtime the chap turns up and within an hour all working again:thumb:,microswitch on the blink,so new one fitted, when i asked him how much do i owe him,he said, dont worry about it we were in the area, i pleaded with him to at least take some diesel money off me,but no he wouldent have it, so thanks to this nice kind gentleman,:thumb: i am now mobile again, so as i missed out on pottering about the place, i got up at 6am this morning and started to get ready for the off this weekend,oh and here is a couple of piccys, one is me at work....another one is my little black friend,:Smile: nobody owns him,he,s a stray, and he always pops round when i turn up, he thinks he,s a wild rabbit, i,m surprised he,s still alive and the foxes havent got him yet,...i did think about bringing him on board with me, but it might cause a bit of a stew among other campers:roflmto:,and the other is where funsters can park up and stay as long as they want, no charge ,take no notice of the weeeds it all hard standing,and i can take any size rv.s with trailer as well,..............happy days all smudger:Smile::Smile::Smile:

SO its been one of them days up and down in your case just up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
,bloody lift wouldent work,:Sad: i cant operate it manually on my own

That's a worry.

Shouldn't you be working on a cunning plan if the power fails and you need to get out ?

Pull switch/es on a rope that does the minimum motor function to get you out ?

Anything like a plane type ramp you could drop ???????

Something like a helicopter winch ?

Parachute ?

OP
OP
smudger
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
That's a worry.

Shouldn't you be working on a cunning plan if the power fails and you need to get out ?

Pull switch/es on a rope that does the minimum motor function to get you out ?

Anything like a plane type ramp you could drop ???????

Something like a helicopter winch ?

Parachute ?
hi brian...if push came to shove, the plan of action would be as follows....reverse chair as far back as poss,then select 5th gear on chair,then thrust forward the inside lenth of the van approx 37 ft. then hopefully on impact with the dashboard, i will go flying through the windscreen, then just wait for rescue...simples::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: oh yeah, grab wallet on way out ,just in case i.m conciouse i can go an get a few beers.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi brian...if push came to shove, the plan of action would be as follows....

I hope I'm there to video it, it's got be worth a good few quid to the TV.

Makes note: Never park in front of smudger.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
No messing about anymore £50 CASH for the boat AND I'm local so can collect right away. :winky:

Good news on the lift problem..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
hi brian...if push came to shove, the plan of action would be as follows....reverse chair as far back as poss,then select 5th gear on chair,then thrust forward the inside lenth of the van approx 37 ft. then hopefully on impact with the dashboard, i will go flying through the windscreen, then just wait for rescue...simples::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: oh yeah, grab wallet on way out ,just in case i.m conciouse i can go an get a few beers.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I heard that your wallet would not fit through your windscreen::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Nice to read you got sorted out and there are still people who like to help without ripping you off just because they can:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back