Chausson Welcome 85 2008 Hab Battery - where is it? (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2020
Paulton
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 685
Exp
Since 2012, Tugger for previous 20 odd years
Hi all
I've looked everywhere for the habitation battery on my Chausson Welcome 85 2008 Right hand drive and can't locate it anywhere.
The Vehicle battery is under the floor in front of the passenger seat. Under the passenger seat is the case containing a jack and tools.
Under the drivers seat is a big fan that I assume is a cab heater - nothing else.
Ive looked under the benches in the front area and under the fixed french bed at rear as well as under kitchen sink and had a look underneath the van - I am totally stumped any ideas any one?
What am I missing? Must be really simple?
I need to check the battery as my 12v Control unit refuses to work and apparently a dud battery maybe the first place to check.
In anticipation
Kevin

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Hi all
I've looked everywhere for the habitation battery on my Chausson Welcome 85 2008 Right hand drive and can't locate it anywhere.
The Vehicle battery is under the floor in front of the passenger seat. Under the passenger seat is the case containing a jack and tools.
Under the drivers seat is a big fan that I assume is a cab heater - nothing else.
Ive looked under the benches in the front area and under the fixed french bed at rear as well as under kitchen sink and had a look underneath the van - I am totally stumped any ideas any one?
What am I missing? Must be really simple?
I need to check the battery as my 12v Control unit refuses to work and apparently a dud battery maybe the first place to check.
In anticipation
Kevin
Maybe the control unit is not working because they forgot to fit a hab battery! :giggle: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Jun 29, 2020
Paulton
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 685
Exp
Forgot to say on Fiat Ducatto base

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I have the same model.
The battery is under the fixed bed.
Lift the bed up (it pivots towards the side of the vehicle) you should see the battery to the rear of the Truma unit. It may be underneath a cover made from the same MDL as the whole interior.
If you have two hab batteries they will be stacked vertically.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Jun 29, 2020
Paulton
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 685
Exp
Found it this morning - similar to Jake Royd above I had looked where Truma unit is but not there - however, there is a little self contained compartment between the Truma compartment and the Gas Locker - lifted up the lid and there it was. Unfortunately battery is I think kaput as it measured only 6.3 volts on the voltmeter.
Thanks to all

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Found it this morning - similar to Jake Royd above I had looked where Truma unit is but not there - however, there is a little self contained compartment between the Truma compartment and the Gas Locker - lifted up the lid and there it was. Unfortunately battery is I think kaput as it measured only 6.3 volts on the voltmeter.
Thanks to all
Yes, at 6.3v it will likely be dead.
Anything below about 10v usually will be.

Take your time getting it out and fitting the new one , you are at arms length and it's difficult. You'll be on your tummy.

I found myself a bit concerned about venting, since it's under where you sleep , so I extended the vent pipe from my battery and poked it down through an existing grometted hole in the floor.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back