LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I know there have been many threads on this subject over the years and there are those who are convinced that it does not happen. My wife however can confirm that gassing has taken place in our motorhome recently.

There have also been threads on the subject of using biological washing liquid as a substitute for the expensive toilet chemicals sold by camping supplies outlets. It is her contention that the washing liquid option is responsible for the gassing and we are having to return to the expensive stuff - oh well! :cry:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I know there have been many threads on this subject over the years and there are those who are convinced that it does not happen. My wife however can confirm that gassing has taken place in our motorhome recently.

There have also been threads on the subject of using biological washing liquid as a substitute for the expensive toilet chemicals sold by camping supplies outlets. It is her contention that the washing liquid option is responsible for the gassing and we are having to return to the expensive stuff - oh well! :cry:

Get a SOG kit, and all the smells will disappear, at least from the inside of the MH.

Doug...

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
About time we had another gassing thread and combined with using cheap loo fluid - Great :roflmto:

I've been using the cheap loo fluid substitute and I reckon it smells better than the Thetford one. It also doesn't stain everything like the blue one, so better if you have to empty it down a normal WC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The only gassing we have ever experienced was when the dog devoured a tin of tuna.........I tell you, I nearly died!

That said, works well as a security feature as no robber would be able to stand for more than ten seconds in your vehicle without keeling over or run gasping for the door.

As for loo chemical, we use a budget one that a friend of mine stocks (12voltshop) and that is much more fragrant, and a bottle seems to last a season - at £5 a pop works out cheap!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am eagerly awaiting Pusser's reply on this subject ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:
terry

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
you also need a strong constitution when you empty the thing ... best done BEFORE breakfast .. :roflmto: or get 'er to do it .. :winky:

To be honest Jim I find the combined smell of the chem + S**** to more unpleasant then the SOG'ed version.

Doug...

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The only gassing we have ever experienced was when the dog devoured a tin of tuna.........I tell you, I nearly died!

As for loo chemical, we use a budget one that a friend of mine stocks (12voltshop) and that is much more fragrant, and a bottle seems to last a season - at £5 a pop works out cheap!

Our cocker spaniel stole a container full of potatoes and cabbage for bubble and squeak - and boy, did he squeak...... it was eye watering. Oddly enough, he looked quite proud of them - I think a case of having been unfairly blamed so much in the past, this was his revenge on all human (or is that huperson?) beings. We use the normal thetford blue stuff (got it cheap somewhere that was closing down) and I simply hold my breath and hope the aim is right when emptying. Funny how that is classed as "mans work" in our household.........

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep, my cousin Karen breeds them - you're right. Lovely dogs though I still love flatcoats

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you use the bio liquid for the loo can you also clean your A frame with it? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You can Graham, you can... and if there is any mixture left over you can run your Kipor with it (Honda's won't run on it though... they are too posh.)

JJ :Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!!
Well that made the fat old git ( as in me ! ) grin I can tell you !! :ROFLMAO:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Handy tip. If the fan falls off, make sure you put it back facing the correct way. Missus thought someone had died on the campsite and they had forgotten to bury the body. :Blush:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Up to the mark, as expected. Thanks for the tip. I'll try and remember that one!:thumb:

P.S. What sort of campsites do you go one where they burn bodies, or at least seem to............ I'm not at all sure that I'd like to join in the BBQ.:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back