Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Do any of you funsters possess any of these four generators and what are you views

Quality,..... Sound,....... Hours per ltr at half load,..........

Link Removed

this is a look alike Clarkes
Link Removed

Link Removed

this one seems to have a high noise level
Link Removed

Are they very good

good

medium

just average

or not worth buying

(not the info off the packet as many have different readings!)

I am just wanting a smaller, lighter, less ltr on 1/4 load and quite.......
I have the 2kw Kipor and that is fine.....no trouble at all,I need one half the weight just to run a few hours to top up the batteries if required..

Or any other generator you have that you are pleased with ,1kw pure sine wave inverter....in the same price range

Mel:thumb::winky:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Our thought and observations

Dont know if this will help - don't know any of those but over a number of generators over the years these are our observations

generally it seems to be the cheaper they are the noiser they are

generally the cheaper they are the more questionable the rated output

generally the cheaper they are the sooner you need to repair/ replace

generally the cheaper they are the heavier / bigger they are for the output

We decided last year to ugrade our 1kw Hyundi ( 2 year warranty) for a 2 kw Honda (5 year warranty) - lot of expense and basically was swapping one good make for another but even then Hyundi is cheaper than Honda ( isn't everything) - The Honda is quieter anyway - our normal charging need is for between .3 and .4 kw on the Honda is tickover on the Hyundii was nearly half revs - so in use Hyundii is always a lot noisier. In use therefore the Honda uses about 20% less fuel than the Hyundii - the extra power of the Honda allows us to use the Microwave if we want to or the Aircon therefore allowing more options - the final 'finding' the 2 kw Honda is not a lot heavier than the Hyundi and is exactly the same size as the Honda where as the 2kw Hyundii would not have fitted in out locker.

At the end of the day you have to look at a number of things if you are going to use it only once or twice a year for an hour or two then unless you want to spend money cheap is possibly best, BUT you do need to think of spare parts availability. A 12 month warranty with an untraceable firm or with a firm in Scotland and you are in Cornwall having to send it back by carrier :Eeek: will negate the saving . We have used our Honda for approx 45 days this year so worth the extra money and possibly reliabliity. Any failure / service/ parts can be satified by the nearest Honda agent usually in the nearest large town.

IMHO having had a good selection of gennies with our usage we will be better off over a 10 year period or possibly sooner.

Always worth bearing in mind the old story 'Good no cheap -- Cheap no good'

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Always worth bearing in mind the old story 'Good no cheap -- Cheap no good'

I think he already knew that Landy, he just wanted a post to show 'er indoors before buying the one he secretly covets .. :winky:

to quote JJ ....... [STRIKE] Kipor[/STRIKE] ...oops Honda rools :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Seen Kipor running well after 5 years mine was till it was nicked.

Just bought another Kipor.

Far cheaper to replace as well.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Seen Kipor running well after 5 years mine was till it was nicked.

Just bought another Kipor.

Far cheaper to replace as well.
tried to work out how long we have had our little honda, we had it when we was tuggers and i aint owned a caravan for over 20 years ,so i would say about 25 years plus.:thumb:
iv used it a lot just for rechargeing batteries:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
tried to work out how long we have had our little honda, we had it when we was tuggers and i aint owned a caravan for over 20 years ,so i would say about 25 years plus.:thumb:
iv used it a lot just for rechargeing batteries:thumb:

Well it show how good it is then:coolthumb:

probably not high on the scumbag most wanted genny's list though at over 25 yo:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

heres to another 25 year happy charging Chris:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
looking at those the second one is the same as the clark one just more expensive.
the third one looks like it came out of the kipor factory
i think the sdmo are hyundai.

i have seen funsters with the clark ones w18bla has one of the clark ones.
the sdmo ones seem popular also there should be some on later that own these with answers

they all may not be as quiet and as good as a honda but some of the built in generators on some RV's make an open frame kipor sound silent:thumb:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just had to replace our Kipor 1000 (the original decided it was time to fill its sump with fuel) and ended up with another Kipor 1000. Since then, I've noticed they're brought out a 700/750 (not sure which) model which is a little smaller, a little lighter and a little quieter than the 1000 yet would still be fine for charging batteries and running the TV which is basically all we need.

Might do the trick if weight is more important than total output.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If its just to charge the batteries, invest in a solar panal, no lugging about, although having said that we use a kipor, and as Jim said kipor rools:ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
If its just to charge the batteries, invest in a solar panal, no lugging about, although having said that we use a kipor, and as Jim said kipor rools:ROFLMAO:

Yupp Jims a nuisance keep wanting to plug into your Kipor:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He might be the Ringleader but you gotta be tough to be kind:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even if he tries to bribe you with badges or bottle openers don't give in:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have the smdo 1000Kw one. I bought it second hand from a chap in Wilmslow and its a cracker of a gennie. I have to change the oil in it every 25 hours of use though- but thats no problem. I just pour it out and put new in.Simples. supposed to be quiet but its not really- though on wildcamps I have done in deepesnt darkest wales or Scotland its been fab to have full lekky on tap. You can even use a 350 watt microwave with it but it does then sound a bit louder. Mine starts first time every time and its a cracker. was worth the 200 quid I paid for it.

One recomendation I would say is not to touch the cheapo ones like they sometimes sell in Aldi...the are cheap for a reason...cos they are crap. Bought one, lasted six months and conked and got my money back and when it worked it sounded like a bloody banshee and was poor as heck.

good luck with the one you choose.

Bessy regs

Kenny

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I have solar panels and two 110 batteries ...but thanks for the reply:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well it show how good it is then:coolthumb:

probably not high on the scumbag most wanted genny's list though at over 25 yo:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

heres to another 25 year happy charging Chris:thumb:

Maybe he was a Honda man that took your Kipor he wanted a better generator, but could not bring himself to buy the best..so cut your chain.. John and stole your KIPOR :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Maybe he was a Honda man that took your Kipor he wanted a better generator, but could not bring himself to buy the best..so cut your chain.. John and stole your KIPOR :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel you've cracked the case:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Yupp Jims a nuisance keep wanting to plug into your Kipor:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He might be the Ringleader but you gotta be tough to be kind:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even if he tries to bribe you with badges or bottle openers don't give in:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agreeeeeeeee John, I getting so fed up now hearing how good the Kipor is Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor:Doh:..............................................................Kipor Kipor Kipor it was a Kipor:Doh:... ?...Kipor Kipor Kipor.....I don't know why, we all know the Kipor's are,
very good...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I have a KIPOR AND VERY HAPPY WITH IT...2kva

That's was not the question I asked ?:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I agreeeeeeeee John, I getting so fed up now hearing how good the Kipor is Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor Kipor:Doh:..............................................................Kipor Kipor Kipor it was a Kipor:Doh:... ?...Kipor Kipor Kipor.....I don't know why, we all know the Kipor's are,
very good...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I have a KIPOR AND VERY HAPPY WITH IT...2kva

That's was not the question I asked ?:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think without doubt you need a

kipor

1kw:winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See here Link Removed

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel you've cracked the case:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JOHN...We now have to look for a Honda man:winky::winky:...with a Honda 1kva out front SWITCHED OFF BECAUSE OF THE NOISE..::bigsmile: ear to ear..with a KIPOR running underneath his Motorhome....running quietly:Smile:...he will not want the embarrassment of it on show:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and a set of bolt cutters in the boot
You will know a Honda man when you see one John.........:Cool::winky:..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had Kipor and Clarke ones.. Loved em both and never had one iota of trouble with either

Currently ( still !! ) looking for a 1kW Kipor / Clarke to replace the big bugger I have recently sold

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Had Kipor and Clarke ones.. Loved em both and never had one iota of trouble with either

Currently ( still !! ) looking for a 1kW Kipor / Clarke to replace the big bugger I have recently sold

Here's one don't see em much

Link Removed

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999

Scotjimland, who can hear ours running this weekend, if he comes down for a coffee at "you know where":thumb: not our glorious leader Jim:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I've heard it running often.... from our house ...and that's 3 miles away from you know where .. :Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

rayb182 if Jim can hear your Kipor 3 miles away he needs better loft and wall insulation then Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:winky:.........

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
maybe there is someone on here that has a small one that wants a bigger one:thumb::thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
maybe there is someone on here that has a small one that wants a bigger one:thumb::thumb:

There are probably quite a few on here that have a small one and would like a big one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
There are probably quite a few on here that have a small one and would like a big one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wooooops:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am not getting rid of my 2kva KIPOR......NO WAY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back