Portugal 🇵🇹 and the Red List (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I posted it on behalf of a friend who sent it to us.

She is out in a Portugal With her father. He can’t get back home to the UK, he’s 81.

Flights keep getting cancelled. So she has to take him on a road trip with three dogs. From the Algarve. Through Spain, France, England, Scotland and ferry to the Hebrides.
I don't know what are all the rules for the UK (I've got enough with ours to be honest) but don't you have like us "attestations"? On our form we have a box to tick concerning family emergencies. It's called "motifs familiaux impérieux" (google translate gives "compelling family reasons") and this allows us to go anywhere if if a vulnerable member of our family needs us (with proof by all means), and if crossing a border you need a negatif result to the test made 72 hours before the said crossing.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I don't know what are all the rules for the UK (I've got enough with ours to be honest) but don't you have like us "attestations"? On our form we have a box to tick concerning family emergencies. It's called "motifs familiaux impérieux" (google translate gives "compelling family reasons") and this allows us to go anywhere if if a vulnerable member of our family needs us (with proof by all means), and if crossing a border you need a negatif result to the test made 72 hours before the said crossing.
Thanks to the wonders of Devolution We've got 4 lots to contend with, all basically after the same thing but the various quango-likes are just keeping them different enough not to be the same just to make a point.

Very difficult if you re near a border, particularly as its hundreds of years since there was actually a border between 3 of them so roads cross and recross.

I'm so glad I don't live in Wales under Drakeford.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If they take more than 10 days getting to the Uk once they have left Portugal the hotel quarantine isn't required.

Let me clarify this for those who haven't got it.

17 million voted for Brexit. 16 million didn't 37 million didn't vote at all so 17 million , " a tiny minority" have outed the Uk & the other 53 million, from the EU. This is why you don't have referendums unless they are mandatory.
We allowed a 'tiny minority' to remove us from the EU so I cannot see why we cannot have the Portugese removed from the red list the same way?
It is on par with the 'quorum' at union meetings when the apathetic didn't vote & then wonder why they are on strike ?
& yes hopefully the petition will get up in to the millions .
It's when you said WE had a referendum you confused me.Thought you lived in Spain,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Thank you. They are home on Islay now

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
The border with Spain is still (effectively) closed. So unless you are flying there Portugal is still not accessible.

The Portuguese Authorities have been keen to get Brits back - but I suspect they are mainly thinking about people flying. Not something I'm think about.

But - it's one more step towards us being able to get back there. We've got a caravan stored in Portugal and were hoping to get there in September. That's looking less likely now - give the situation in France and other EU nations.

My Mum would have said "All dressed up and nowhere to go!"

In the meantime the minibus to campervan conversion is progressing nicely.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Let me clarify this for those who haven't got it.

17 million voted for Brexit. 16 million didn't 37 million didn't vote at all so 17 million , " a tiny minority" have outed the Uk & the other 53 million, from the EU. This is why you don't have referendums unless they are mandatory.
We allowed a 'tiny minority' to remove us from the EU so I cannot see why we cannot have the Portugese removed from the red list the same way?
It is on par with the 'quorum' at union meetings when the apathetic didn't vote & then wonder why they are on strike ?
& yes hopefully the petition will get up in to the millions .

What a fabulous post!

Thank you.

JJ :cool:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So will Portugal allow us in?

Assuming May 17th loosening goes ahead?

Any ideas where else will have us?
Only if the spanish let you across the border which again remains closed for another 2 weeks .
It's when you said WE had a referendum you confused me.Thought you lived in Spain,,BUSBY.
I do.WE did & WE voted as WE still had our rights then which subsequently were taken away.
WE now have them restored after the last budget so can vote for anything again.(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Only if the spanish let you across the border which again remains closed for another 2 weeks .

I do.WE did & WE voted as WE still had our rights then which subsequently were taken away.
WE now have them restored after the last budget so can vote for anything again.(y)
Do you have voting rights for Spain?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Presumably, they couldn't care less either way... counts for nothing.
& which is why referendums should not be allowed. As I stated before you vote in politicians to do the job.Otherwise it becomes the same as the quorum & closed shop union quango's with 4 or 5 controlling 00's if not 000's. Which is exactly what happened.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
& which is why referendums should not be allowed. As I stated before you vote in politicians to do the job.Otherwise it becomes the same as the quorum & closed shop union quango's with 4 or 5 controlling 00's if not 000's. Which is exactly what happened.
Would you have said that if the referendum had gone the other way,🤣🤣 BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Can say the same about elections..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Would you have said that if the referendum had gone the other way,🤣🤣 BUSBY.
Yes ,I have always done. Should never be allowed anywhere near politics.
Can say the same about elections..BUSBY.
That's why it should be compulsory voting.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Could I suggest that those who are debating a certain 'B' situation cease so that this thread doesn't get pulled and they don't end up with an 'un-voted for' trip to Coventry!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

we need to get into Spain first, Any thoughts or indicators when they might let us in?

Surabaya

Free Member
Sep 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Could I suggest that those who are debating a certain 'B' situation cease so that this thread doesn't get pulled and they don't end up with an 'un-voted for' trip to Coventry!

Surabaya

Free Member
Sep 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Kindred spirits you and I Minxy Girl, fellow Carthago owner and liked my post about favorite van... and now we lock horns over Portugal.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If we let politicians (which absolutely nobody should trust on anything) decide important issues on our behalf aren’t they then just the same as a quorum but controlling millions?

ItsEmily

Banned
Jan 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
So your happy when even less vote for a government, but when the largest vote in a lifetime goes against you, You want to count all those who didn't vote and side them with you, How arrogant! still spitting dummies after all these years, and have you noticed. the biggest gobs are those who don't even live here. Give it a rest and get over it

Boy

Apr 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 195
I love Portugal very fond memoirs that was our first rally way back in the nineties
but at the very least you would have drive across Spain so what help would taking Portugal off the red list
except for those flying which I no wish to do even before the virus
happy days

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
So your happy when even less vote for a government, but when the largest vote in a lifetime goes against you, You want to count all those who didn't vote and side them with you, How arrogant! still spitting dummies after all these years, and have you noticed. the biggest gobs are those who don't even live here. Give it a rest and get over it
Hi.
Did not use the postal vote in the referendum as the wife and i would have cancelled each other out. (I would have voted out....Also,Cambridge won the Boat race...Two to me (y) .I have Punted on the R.Cam in the 50's (y) ) ). But,we still have UK passports and pay taxes and therefore have an interest in what happens in the UK and can vote.
There are a lot of good things going on between the Uk and Portugal,but being as its a small country they/we would prefer nobody should come just yet. I have had my two jabs, Moderna and Jennifer has had her first jab, Pfizer about 9 days ago,some local Portuguese people have not had their first yet. Fingers crossed it will all be sorted soon.
Tea Bag

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Sorry I’m it up to date with this. What is the deadline please ?
This was posted a while back more updated info available I am sure. Plus into Santander on the ferry reliant on Spain or the other route France unless flying then you can direct possibly from 17th May but not confirmed as yet.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
we need to get into Spain first, Any thoughts or indicators when they might let us in?
The State of Alarm ends in Spain in May...however it can be introduced again for a further 6 months....to answer you question...not sure...when will the UK let you out, and by what means...

JimW

Free Member
Dec 21, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 630 Freeway
Exp
Since 2000
Just checked the govt website and Portugal is not on the red list. Probably someone already said that and I missed it.

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
So your happhttps://www.ukpolitical.info/Turnout45.htmy when even less vote for a government, but when the largest vote in a lifetime goes against you, You want to count all those who didn't vote and side them with you, How arrogant! still spitting dummies after all these years, and have you noticed. the biggest gobs are those who don't even live here. Give it a rest and get over it
You must be quite young Emily?

It may be only of interest to the psephologists amongst us but theses are the post-war statistics :-

True - 2016 referendum % turnout was (slightly) bigger than the 1975 EU vote and the 2011 Alternative Vote referendum. But as far as my lifetime goes 72. 21% is below the average of 75.53 for UK General Elections.

Cheers Spike (dummy in mouth, tongue in cheek and body in UK):giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back