May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Hi Folks

I am in the process of figuring out the best way to run cable from the under seat storage area up to the Sargent panel in the top cupboard in my AT Delaware. I have some trunking which I believe goes from the panel and takes the battery cables down just behind the drivers seat, inside the bodywork to the outside, then into the battery box.

I suspect I need to remove this panel to then open that trunking (which you can see at the top right of the photo. IMG_20210409_134149_9.jpg

Problem. The decorative panel shown in the photo seems to be fixed to the bulkhead by the 'buttons' . I assumed these were like mirror screws where I could unscrew the button head and find a screw into the bulkhead under it. However neither of the buttons seems to want to unscrew - they turn but that's all. I tried a bodywork shimmy too both under the buttons themselves and also under the panel but neither wanted to 'pop' off. Don't want to wreck the panel or the buttons so how does it come off???

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi Folks

I am in the process of figuring out the best way to run cable from the under seat storage area up to the Sargent panel in the top cupboard in my AT Delaware. I have some trunking which I believe goes from the panel and takes the battery cables down just behind the drivers seat, inside the bodywork to the outside, then into the battery box.

I suspect I need to remove this panel to then open that trunking (which you can see at the top right of the photo. View attachment 482929

Problem. The decorative panel shown in the photo seems to be fixed to the bulkhead by the 'buttons' . I assumed these were like mirror screws where I could unscrew the button head and find a screw into the bulkhead under it. However neither of the buttons seems to want to unscrew - they turn but that's all. I tried a bodywork shimmy too both under the buttons themselves and also under the panel but neither wanted to 'pop' off. Don't want to wreck the panel or the buttons so how does it come off???

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA
The buttons are heads on top of nails from memory. You just pull them out.
Diabalo may be able to help as I think he did something similar, but from the bottom of the cab door pillar, recently.

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
The buttons are heads on top of nails from memory. You just pull them out.
Diabalo may be able to help as I think he did something similar, but from the bottom of the cab door pillar, recently.
Thanks for that. The heads spin too freely to be nail heads and the panels are very tightly attached to the bulkhead?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
No need to pull that buttoned panel off.

If it's the same as mine, take the Sargent unit out, then at the back left you will see a access hoe where all the cabling disappears, that hole goes down to the out side just behind the drivers door, I think it must be the curved moulding that you see from the outside. I bought cable rods HERE fiddle them from inside down to the outside then fixed the cable and pulled it back up.

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Thanks Diablo. Yes I found the access behind the Sargent, the cables go down that plastic trunk above the panel, so was anticipating having to remove that trunk to access the downward Ru. My fishing tape and rods just arrived so will see what is possible.

Did you move the Sargent battery cable to inside BTW?

Hoping to chat to TCG too who has done similar.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
If my memory serves me correctly the battery cables went down there also. Sorry not sure what you mean by moving the Sargent battery cable to the inside.

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
If my memory serves me correctly the battery cables went down there also. Sorry not sure what you mean by moving the Sargent battery cable to the inside.

I'm adding an inverter and Moving all switches and shunts etc to the under seat compartment. So the battery leads from the Sargent to the battery I want to move to that compartment too. At the moment they run as you describe down to the battery. Just wondered if you had done the same.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I always try to fish the cables across panels or the floor with a piece of stiff plastic or even a plastic trunking lid.
Can you push some stiff plastic tube up the trunking?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Ah, I see where you are coming from now. Recently I fitted a battery master and needed to get from the cab battery to the Hab battery with a single wire and it was a kin nightmare. I ended up taking the cover off the side of the seat where the handbrake is, I also remover the panel where the step is, this allowed me to fiddle the cable through there to the outside and onto the hab batteries. I did remove the vertical molding that runs up from the floor behind the the drivers seat but could not find a way through. I also removed the EM50 panel that's on the floor behind the drivers seat but that just had the wiring that went back to the Sargent panel, no good to me but may suit your purposes.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi Ian
have been out and taken so photo's ... I was very conscious of doing some damage by taking the route you describe, so to the left of the long seat behind the drivers seat . you will see a long piece of plastic hiding the join from cab to hab. it is only held on by 4 small screws . remove this. (image 3711)
You will then need to remove the panel shown in (image 3712) if you remove the black trim, it is only held on with double sided tape, ther are two screws underneath, remove these and the trim will pull off.
Once you have done this you can access teh rear of the blue shaded area (image wire access) this is where Autotrail have taken the wires from the sargent EC500 to feed the drop down TV. you can then feed your wires through the existing hole directly into the EC500

Any problems . please give me a call

Attachments​

• IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 0
  • InkedIMG_3711_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_3711_LI.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • InkedIMG_3712_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_3712_LI.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • wire access .jpg
    wire access .jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks for that. The heads spin too freely to be nail heads and the panels are very tightly attached to the bulkhead?
Not that you'll need this info now anyway but the two buttons are definitely attached to two nails \ pins that cover the screws that hold the panel on. Carefully pull the two pins out to reveal the screw heads and remove.
Once the screws are undone you can lift the panel away. This reveals the bottom screw that holds the plastic trunking \ bend in place. Remove that and it gives direct access to all the cabling to the back of the Sargent panel.(y)

1617982812581.png
1617982832128.png

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Not that you'll need this info now anyway but the two buttons are definitely attached to two nails \ pins that cover the screws that hold the panel on. Carefully pull the two pins out to reveal the screw heads and remove.
Once the screws are undone you can lift the panel away. This reveals the bottom screw that holds the plastic trunking \ bend in place. Remove that and it gives direct access to all the cabling to the back of the Sargent panel.(y)
Exceptional - Thanks Gellyneck.
What a wonderful place this is!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back