Our European Tour (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We are Caroline & Paul and we're new to Motorhome Fun. We've had our Hymer since 2007 and we finished work in April this year to embark on our European Tour which we had dreamed of for quite a while and we still have to pinch ourselves to believe that we are finally doing it! We set out on 9 May this year, starting from Durham having stopovers on the way down to Dover. We've so far been to Belgium and Holland and are now in Germany.

We had the IP Copter Satellite Internet system fitted before we left and it's great to be able to keep in touch with home - and do things like this without leaving the 'van! Today we are in Hornburg, but tomorrow we are moving to Braunschweig before heading for Berlin and then on to Poland.

Paul is a member with Motorhome Facts and so I thought I'd get us looking on here. We'd like to meet up with others over time.

Aah, this is the life! :active: [I don't sit at the PC all day, honest!] Caroline

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We are Caroline & Paul and we're new to Motorhome Fun. We've had our Hymer since 2007 and we finished work in April this year to embark on our European Tour which we had dreamed of for quite a while and we still have to pinch ourselves to believe that we are finally doing it! We set out on 9 May this year, starting from Durham having stopovers on the way down to Dover. We've so far been to Belgium and Holland and are now in Germany.

We had the IP Copter Satellite Internet system fitted before we left and it's great to be able to keep in touch with home - and do things like this without leaving the 'van! Today we are in Hornburg, but tomorrow we are moving to Braunschweig before heading for Berlin and then on to Poland.

[HI]Paul is a member with Motorhome Facts [/HI]and so I thought I'd get us looking on here. We'd like to meet up with others over time.

Aah, this is the life! :active: [I don't sit at the PC all day, honest!] Caroline

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Caroline, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves here. ::bigsmile: Welcome to the fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
HI Caroline

I would like to say welcome too, sounds like a great trip you are on. How have you been finding the IP Copter Satellite Internet system, you sound impressed with it

stew

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks!

HI Caroline

I would like to say welcome too, sounds like a great trip you are on. How have you been finding the IP Copter Satellite Internet system, you sound impressed with it

stew

Thanks very much everyone.
We are finding the IP Copter system great, although we have to make sure we are clear of the trees/buildings in order to get a signal. I am working from it too which was also a deciding factor in buying it ['cos it did turn out to be quite expensive!]. The only real problem we have is that we both always want to be on it! :Sad:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and wellcome to Motorhome Fun, it great when you make a dream come true enjoy .......:welcomefunster:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
[HI]Paul is a member with Motorhome Facts[/HI]

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
And your point is?????????? :Angry:

Hi Caroline & Paul. Glad to see you both on Fun, and glad it's not "Itintintin." it doesn't roll off the tongue very easily. :winky:

Rita and I hope to see you both when you get back to Blighty.

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Hi Caroline & Paul. Glad to see you both on Fun, and glad it's not "Itintintin." it doesn't roll off the tongue very easily. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

Hi there Jock & Rita!

I take it you've finished reading the newsletter then at last! I think some people are still trawling through it.

Returning to Blighty seems an age away right now, but there's loads to look forward to and we'll look forward to meeting up with you again later in the year.

Take care
Caroline & Paul
:Smile:

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

Oh, yes I forgot ... Itintintin just wasn't working was it! I realised that was more Paul than me LOL

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I'm pretty sure that is grounds for divorce.

Failing that get him under the human rights act.

Or for pure pleasure, do a Bobbit.

I'm all for the pleasure bit ... don't put ideas in my head! :roflmto:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I take it you've finished reading the newsletter then at last! I think some people are still trawling through it.
Oh yes Caroline, all done and replied to, at 10.59 :winky:

A really enjoyable read. Thanks.

TTFN,

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I'm interested in this system. Could you place the internet feed into a router that more than one can share?

Hi Jim
Yes you can but I believe it reduces the signal. Sometimes the system can be a bit slow in some places; with the system we have, using a split router might be slower still. However you can buy different packages and the professional one will give you a much faster speed but it will be more expensive. As it was, our annual package cost over €600, and you can buy a monthly package, but the professional package would be considerably more.
Caroline :Smile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
What sort of work do you do Caroline and do you keep a blog?

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
What sort of work do you do Caroline and do you keep a blog?

Sorry for just getting back ... had to sort the subs out!

I'm a medical secretary and since leaving my job in April I now do online medical transcription which kind of keeps my hand in a bit.

I would love to do a blog for our travels but my recent attempt didn't get me very far! However since setting off on 9 May we have been doing a monthly newsletter as friends and family wanted to keep track of what we are up to and see the places we visit. So far I've done 3 of them.

Caroline

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Welcome to the fun.:thumb::flyingwelcome:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Welcome to motorhomefun cazpaul.

Sounds a great system that you have there, Monsi has some similar gadget thing. Not being critical, but that does sound awful expensive for a package.:Eeek:
I cant wait for these ISP to get their heads banged to start providing decent broadband at realistic prices right accross Europe.
Enjoy your trip, would love to see photos of Poland, as I think its a place we would like to visit/stay longterm/

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome to motorhomefun cazpaul.

Sounds a great system that you have there, Monsi has some similar gadget thing. Not being critical, but that does sound awful expensive for a package.:Eeek:
I cant wait for these ISP to get their heads banged to start providing decent broadband at realistic prices right accross Europe.
Enjoy your trip, would love to see photos of Poland, as I think its a place we would like to visit/stay longterm/

It is awfully expensive, you're right, but we had little choice really. I wanted to do a bit of work while we were travelling and it was a better choice than trying to find internet cafes and tourist infos etc.

We are doing a newsletter of our travels but haven't worked out the blog bit yet. However we'll have to try and get some pics on the site of the places we visit. We are also looking forward to Poland very much. :Smile:

karenbrock

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
south cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
2 years
germany stalplatz

Hi to you both!
have you stayed on any of the german aire equivalent - stalplatz? we are of down the rhine this summer and are hoping to use our newly purchased book with them in. loved france for the aires last year as they made a lovely random nights stay for us in several lovely locations (not to mention so cheap too!)
thanks
karen
:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back