Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Our neighbour has just bought another car. I happened to mention that the colour was grey. My wife, daughter and a different neighbour all said it was blue.

I can see 90% grey in this car and I also see the slightest hint of blue. So, to my mind it's grey. They all insist it is blue.

Just to make it interesting, I'll see what responses there are, and then I'll post a link to the car. I promise I won't mess about with tinting.

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
i'm talking about the car in the front of the picture, not the BLUE one at the back.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Me thinks it grey :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Grey

But hey, some time ago I had one of my Smart Cars wrapped as a shark..

See picture

Daughterinlaw came out and looked at it..

her comment..

Oh, its green

No mention of the bloody great fish looking thing and the car is black anyway !!

Attachments

• Dscn1107s.jpg
    Dscn1107s.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 25

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
silvery grey highly polished and its reflecting the blue sky on the bonnet

i used to have a metalic greeny/ grey 4x4 i would of said it was green as that was the stronger colour but the log book said grey

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
It is actually a fact that women can see more colours than men.....

I personally believe that this fact is mainly due to the amount of handbags, shoes, and dresses they insist on buying. This gives them more practice at seeing colours. Whereas the little money that is left to us males only allows us to choose functional items which always have a more drab colur scheme...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's grey BTW

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
i'm talking about the car in the front of the picture, not the BLUE one at the back.

It was blue last night and its still blue this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I like this thread:ROFLMAO:)

Regards,John P:thumb:

ps,Just been on the rvoc forum where there is a debate(again)on the legality of A frames in Spain,their laws say not so why the bloody debate????
You lot are a breath of fresh air this morning.:winky:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Does anyone remember the BMC colour, Rose Taupe? Was it more Rose or was it more Taupe to you?

That is the trouble - or the beauty - with silver paint, especially if it's metallic; it will always pick up the reflected hue of its surroundings - it's all to do with the size of the particles and also the viscosity of the paint and the drying time when it was sprayed .....

Should this post be in the Useless Info thread?

It's silver by the way.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Well if you hadn't disguised the numberplate (and I can't be bothered trying to decipher it) I could have looked up what it officially called. A silver blue wouldn't surprise me, which, I think, makes it silver.I think DLVA go off the manufacturer's name for the colour so, for instance, the purple on VW's in the mid to late 90's is blue.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Does anyone remember the BMC colour, Rose Taupe? Was it more Rose or was it more Taupe to you?

That is the trouble - or the beauty - with silver paint, especially if it's metallic; it will always pick up the reflected hue of its surroundings - it's all to do with the size of the particles and also the viscosity of the paint and the drying time when it was sprayed.

Should this post be in the Useless Info thread?

It's silver by the way.

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

So,

Will a BIG particle give much more satisfying and pleasing results than a SMALL one?:Blush::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back