Free Member
Jun 30, 2011
midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
born again Vanner
Just bought a Ducato Carioca (off e-bay, of course!) after about 25 year gap "sans motorhomes". We switched from tent to Caravan then a Commer Wanderer Lift-top & finally picking up one of the legendary Transit Landliners which we kept for about 10 years.

Then we started sailing . . . still sailing, but now we are retired, we are hoping we will have time to do both!

Based close to jcn14 of the M6.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hello and welcome to the fun.:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, there are a few boat people here (I suppose the immigration dept will catch up with them eventually.) hee hee
don't forget to check out the chatroom. Enjoy

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and Welcome to Fun

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hello Jct 14, from the people at Jct 3 ! :thumb:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Most welcome indeed. You do need to be careful now geriatricism has struck you down to ensure you have the right transport to hand especially when you go sailing.

Nothing more sad than to see pensioners pottering down the road towing a motorhome behind their boat and then launching the motorhome down the slipway.

I too am retired and I have a canoe. And I don't know wjy I have a canoe as I don't canoe. It is a mystery to me and the family.

Wish you safe and happy journeys of course and I am sure you will have many.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Podgie, and welcome :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
podgie one

podgie one

Free Member
Jun 30, 2011
midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
born again Vanner
Most welcome indeed. You do need to be careful now geriatricism has struck you down to ensure you have the right transport to hand especially when you go sailing.

Nothing more sad than to see pensioners pottering down the road towing a motorhome behind their boat and then launching the motorhome down the slipway.

I too am retired and I have a canoe. And I don't know wjy I have a canoe as I don't canoe. It is a mystery to me and the family.

Wish you safe and happy journeys of course and I am sure you will have many.

Cheers Pusser (& everyone else! - Great welcome)

I now have 5 canoes & a wave ski, they sort of stick somehow. 2x PBK wood & canvas that are allegedly being recoverd by a pal so he can have one himself, a battered Olymp4 that my son has, a lightweight slalom & a stubby funboat. The Waveski was bought as a playboat cos it was easy to carry on the side deck of our main boat, but altho great for the kids & g-kids it sinks when I get on it!! :Doh: hence the funboat which has a lot more bouyancy.

How can you possibly have a canoe & not use it! So easy to slip inside or on top of most MH's & really great for pottering around lakes & coastal rocks. Mind you, modern MH's don't often have rear doors or windows so putting a 13' canoe inside might be harder.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcomefunster: I'm sure you will make the most of your motorhome now you are retired :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to motorhome fun, :welcomefunster:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun