rare excellent service from truma (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
So, when we downsized from an A class with all the trimmings to a pvc last year i decided that one of my essentials was roof mounted air conditioning, but because of covid i put it off, didn't see the point until just recently, so i ordered a Truma aventa compact plus, our van already has the truma inet system and i think its a jolly good idea to be able to remotely switch things off and on.
Fitting it was no problem as i have done several before, so with all the cables routed invisibly and the unit fitted, i obviously turned it on, works perfectly, but when i came to add it to the inet system, i found that it would not connect, i checked everything, including replacing the data cable 3 times but to no avail, spoke to truma who were surprisingly helpful they talked me through several routines to reset the system but nothing worked the system just would not "see" the air conditioning unit, nor would the app on my phone, no engineers were available as it was late last friday afternoon so i left it at that, thinking the air conditioning units communication was faulty.
After intensive messing about with it over the weekend i still got no further, the air con worked, but not as it is supposed to so i called truma again on monday morning.
Their tech took me through various re setting procedures, still the same, they then asked me to check what software version my inet panel was 3.00.01 or something
Ahh says the tech, that software is not compatible with your new aircon, but it says inet ready on the front of my controller and the new aircon says i, so a software update is in order then, no, says the tech, that version cannot be updated, you will have to have a new one with up to date software, i was getting very annoyed by this point as the remote working was one of the reasons i bought it, and it does not mention anywhere that i can see a statement to say that a new control panel with different software will be required, in any of their literature or on the internet.
upshot is they are sending me one free of charge,as a gesture of goodwill, the tech was very apologetic about it, what a nice surprise, seems to be rare nowadays.
A big thumbs up to truma(y)
so if any of you are fitting aircon etc to an existing system then its worth checking what software you have it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run when things don't work as they should.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
So, when we downsized from an A class with all the trimmings to a pvc last year i decided that one of my essentials was roof mounted air conditioning, but because of covid i put it off, didn't see the point until just recently, so i ordered a Truma aventa compact plus, our van already has the truma inet system and i think its a jolly good idea to be able to remotely switch things off and on.
Fitting it was no problem as i have done several before, so with all the cables routed invisibly and the unit fitted, i obviously turned it on, works perfectly, but when i came to add it to the inet system, i found that it would not connect, i checked everything, including replacing the data cable 3 times but to no avail, spoke to truma who were surprisingly helpful they talked me through several routines to reset the system but nothing worked the system just would not "see" the air conditioning unit, nor would the app on my phone, no engineers were available as it was late last friday afternoon so i left it at that, thinking the air conditioning units communication was faulty.
After intensive messing about with it over the weekend i still got no further, the air con worked, but not as it is supposed to so i called truma again on monday morning.
Their tech took me through various re setting procedures, still the same, they then asked me to check what software version my inet panel was 3.00.01 or something
Ahh says the tech, that software is not compatible with your new aircon, but it says inet ready on the front of my controller and the new aircon says i, so a software update is in order then, no, says the tech, that version cannot be updated, you will have to have a new one with up to date software, i was getting very annoyed by this point as the remote working was one of the reasons i bought it, and it does not mention anywhere that i can see a statement to say that a new control panel with different software will be required, in any of their literature or on the internet.
upshot is they are sending me one free of charge,as a gesture of goodwill, the tech was very apologetic about it, what a nice surprise, seems to be rare nowadays.
A big thumbs up to truma(y)
so if any of you are fitting aircon etc to an existing system then its worth checking what software you have it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run when things don't work as they should.
Was the tech chap called Elliott Smith? We had problems with an ancient Powrtouch Motor Mover on our caravan in late Nov 2019 and Elliott talked us through the freeing routine, dug out an ancient electronic version of the Manual and emailed it to us. We sent him a 'thank you' email for the excellent service and Elliott thanked us for thanking him! All very efficient, nothing too much trouble and extremely polite and patient. Absolute top notch service.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back