Jun 24, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Hi I am Julie
help, going away 8.30 am sat morning tomorrow! My swift sundance 590 rs coachbuilt year 2008 has got a problem. The mains is working the heating but no the fan, the kettle is ok on hook up. But the fridge will not work. The control panel is flasing.Replaced the battery in the control panel. Started up the engine and the control panel comes on so does the fridge. Cab battery new and so is the leisure battery. Any ideas,:cry: the lesuire battery is on charge as we speak.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome to MHF. :)

Have you checked all of the trips and fuses? Located under dinning seat (the one the backs onto the toilet) if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
J

juliem

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Welcome to MHF. :)

Have you checked all of the trips and fuses? Located under dinning seat (the one the backs onto the toilet) if I remember correctly.
Yes done that thanks all seem ok the control panel keeps flashing and then goes dead till we start the engine up then it comes on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
When you say control panel do you mean the one on the fridge or the main control panel?

I assume the fridge is OK on gas?

Is it a auto select, if you have you tried manually selecting mains?

OP
OP
J

juliem

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
yes it is auto select, it comes on with the cab running and the control panel comes on then as well but when we switch off the ignition the fridge goes off and the control panel. On hook up the fridge does not work only the few seconds as the igintion is stopped. It so flustrating already packed up :Doh:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
OK I am assuming it is not working on gas either?

In that case it not getting the 12volt supply from the leisure side. This is required to run it on mains and gas. I would double check the fuse for the fridge on the leisure side. Are other 12 volt items OK, lights? etc. If not check the fuse at the leisure battery under the other seat.

Sorry if this seems long winded, but it is just a case of eliminating each possible problem area.

OP
OP
J

juliem

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
All fuses in tact and lights working the heater is working but not the fan! The fridge is ok when the cab key is in and running the engine but also the control panel is off and on we put a new battery in any ideas are welcome thankyou for sharing this :cry:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Is the water pump running? When were they last working, has any work taken place on the van? e.g. could a wiring harness connector have become disconnected.

Really does sound like a 12 volt problem especially since you are having problems with your control panel and heating fan also. Have you tested the fuses with a meter to be sure? Have you also checked the voltage on your leisure battery?

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Another thought, is the charger turned on? The switch could accidental be switched off. Again under the dinette seat near the fuse box.

OP
OP
J

juliem

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
We have put the battery on a quick charge and just put it back on now every thing seems to be working exept the fridge light is still flasing will cahnge that fuse in the morning but going to leave it on trickle charge over night the leisure battery is 3 months old but shows a constant pull off at 0.35amps with everything turned off feel like we are missing something here just cant work it out but many thanks foe your suport just hope we can get away!!!!!! If you have any other ideas please let me know :thumb:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hopefully a fresh head in the morning will help. If you have the fridge panel working now, does it show a fault could when on mains? Hopefully that will point you to the issue. As far as the drain on your 12 volts if you are sure everything is off (check cab radio as these are sometimes wired to the leisure circuit when the ignition is off), then you may have to pull fuses to find the source.

Hope you get sorted and enjoy your trip. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back