Why? (1 Viewer)

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
Just done the annual shop around for our insurance renewal including The Caravan Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club.Giving the same requirements to each club they both came up with Equity Red Star qoutes but the CC was for £478 and the C&CC was £263 !!!! Doesnt make sense to me but I know which one I would go for. Seems to defy logic.Also the C&CC qoute also under cuts our last years premium, with a better specification.Certainly pays to shop around.
Cheers Paul.:whatthe:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
because the CC and the C&CC are both merely agents for equity red star and can charge what they want over and above equity's premium.

theres always a mug who will pay the higher premium thinking they're getting something 'extra' :Doh:

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
I have just renewed with Discover Leisure, and now have insurance for £127 yes £127 for a RV::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
I have just renewed with Discover Leisure, and now have insurance for £127 yes £127 for a RV::bigsmile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Cheap at half the price then, wasn't it?:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Just done the annual shop around for our insurance renewal including The Caravan Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club.Giving the same requirements to each club they both came up with Equity Red Star qoutes but the CC was for £478 and the C&CC was £263 !!!! Doesnt make sense to me but I know which one I would go for. Seems to defy logic.Also the C&CC qoute also under cuts our last years premium, with a better specification.Certainly pays to shop around.
Cheers Paul.:whatthe:
Have just renewed mine with Insurance Factory for £178.00. Give them a try

Norman

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It comes down to the quality of the insurance

Yes you can get cheap cover.. but it comes down to what you are looking for.

I have just renewed with Safeguard £560 ish.. gone up by £16.50 this year.. 3 years NCB but matched to car so I get the max at the moment of 40%.. so why do I pay more than I could if I went via the C&CC??? simple.. I am 5.5 tons and I tour Europe .. I have checked and re checked and no one gives the same level of European cover that Safeguard do... no limits on the recovery back to the UK... CC&C have a £2,500 limit which as they admitted does not cover the average recovery (£3,000) .. plus there is a limit on the recovery costs off a motorway ..Safeguard do not have the same limited recovery costs.. much much higher.. As I have an RV I need the cover to match the RV.. with my trailer I am 45' long.. need some special equipment to recover that sort of size and load.

So really it comes down to what you get for the money. ££££ mean nothing really without the small print and the get out clauses.

As a general cover you could not do better than look at ADAC.. now that is good value under £100 if you are in the UK or Europe.

Bob:thumb:

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
Yes you can get cheap cover.. but it comes down to what you are looking for.

I have just renewed with Safeguard £560 ish.. gone up by £16.50 this year.. 3 years NCB but matched to car so I get the max at the moment of 40%.. so why do I pay more than I could if I went via the C&CC??? simple.. I am 5.5 tons and I tour Europe .. I have checked and re checked and no one gives the same level of European cover that Safeguard do... no limits on the recovery back to the UK... CC&C have a £2,500 limit which as they admitted does not cover the average recovery (£3,000) .. plus there is a limit on the recovery costs off a motorway ..Safeguard do not have the same limited recovery costs.. much much higher.. As I have an RV I need the cover to match the RV.. with my trailer I am 45' long.. need some special equipment to recover that sort of size and load.

So really it comes down to what you get for the money. ££££ mean nothing really without the small print and the get out clauses.

As a general cover you could not do better than look at ADAC.. now that is good value under £100 if you are in the UK or Europe.

Bob:thumb:

I think we had this conversation on RVOC a few weeks ago:winky:

The insurance does what I need, but I still am looking for recovery insurance. I have being trying to join ADAC for the last few weeks, spoke to them, emailed them, but for some reason my emails are not getting through, so it must be an issue with their mail server.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back