Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Saw one of these this morning in one of our local dealers :Eeek:

Link Removed

Its a RoTec 697G :Smile:
Saves the overcab for fuel economy and still allows room for kids in the roof ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My cousin (now regrettably deceased) did a number of home conversions. One of these (his second one) was based on what was originally a medium sized furniture type van. He travelled with a group of friends around Europe and to allow everyone to sleep it had a huge canvas sided poptop on the roof with two full sized double beds in it reached by a fixed ladder from the kitchen (a separate room from the lounge, which had another double bed settee in it.

The good thing was the hole in the original roof only had to be Heki roof light size to climb through. The floor of the poptop being the roof of the van which thus was not weakened.

To show the time in which he made it, it featured an 8track cartridge music system (if anyone remembers them) :Smile:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
My cousin (now regrettably deceased) did a number of home conversions. One of these (his second one) was based on what was originally a medium sized furniture type van. He travelled with a group of friends around Europe and to allow everyone to sleep it had a huge canvas sided poptop on the roof with two full sized double beds in it reached by a fixed ladder from the kitchen (a separate room from the lounge, which had another double bed settee in it.

The good thing was the hole in the original roof only had to be Heki roof light size to climb through. The floor of the poptop being the roof of the van which thus was not weakened.

To show the time in which he made it, it featured an 8track cartridge music system (if anyone remembers them) :Smile:

I loved my 8 track and miss it terribly:cry::cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I remember travelling all day from Yorkshire to Cornwall as a child in my dads yellow black vinyl roofed Cortina, listening to the Carpenters and Neil Diamond on my dads 8 track.
Memories.

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
I remember travelling all day from Yorkshire to Cornwall as a child in my dads yellow black vinyl roofed Cortina, listening to the Carpenters and Neil Diamond on my dads 8 track.
Memories.

you survived all day of Carpenters and Neil diamond? wow - respect :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We had a look in one at the nec in Oct and thought it was a great idea never seen one since though.

As for the 8 track my dad would listen to Charlie Pride and Perry Como and worse. Now you will understand why im tone deaf :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gerry

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Did it make him deaf? Cos your 'shouting'
nice looking MH though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back