Funster special Interest Staycations (3 Viewers)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Linking to another thread, join a litter-picking group's effort (or do our own)
Or a Conservation group (I did this once in Derbyshire, had a great day and made me feel useful)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
From my perspective it is going to bs hard work to persuade swmbo to get in the van even if i guarantee no people within 100yards. Paranoia is bubbling just under100%. so i think first ones would be without us , but i hope something happens. I would be happy to be prt of a group to help people get thier camera off auto. (No david baiLY. no master class more the "this is the front end, point it that way and look here"

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Traditional Folk music? Anyone interested playing in sessions, with a bit of singing too?

Wife and I both spin so any form of yarn craft. Always take a spinning wheel with us.
I'm also keen in acoustic guitar.

I’d be up for that

Guitar/Uke/folk for us. Plus walking
I ran a traditional music weekend a few years ago & when my nerves have recovered I might do another one. :Eeek: It was a great weekend, but triumph was snatched from the jaws of three separate disasters - chief of which was cancellation by the intended venue about a week before the event.

It was a mixed interest weekend - billed as Music & Mechanicals. It should have been at the Bubble Car Museum near Boston, which has a campsite attached. Our band had played for a wedding there the year before & we had a great time. But when I contacted them with the final numbers, they suddenly realised that they had double-booked us.

Fortunately, the Aero Club down the road at Boston Airfield came to our rescue, so we still had the Mechanicals, although in a slightly different form. Bubble car rides had been on the agenda, but some people now went one better & went flying instead!

Organising musicians, both funsters & invited locals, made herding cats look a doddle & the weather was iffy, but I think nearly all who were there look back on the weekend with fond memories.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Geraldine, You take self deprecation to a whole new level:h:
I felt I needed a change of tactic Derek. The first 55 years of trying to hide it, whilst being unable to say more than two words was clearly not working ..... :rofl:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I felt I needed a change of tactic Derek. The first 55 years of trying to hide it, whilst being unable to say more than two words was clearly not working ..... :rofl:
But you have one heck of a singing voice! Maybe sing to everyone instead ❤

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
From my perspective it is going to bs hard work to persuade swmbo to get in the van even if i guarantee no people within 100yards. Paranoia is bubbling just under100%. so i think first ones would be without us , but i hope something happens. I would be happy to be prt of a group to help people get thier camera off auto. (No david baiLY. no master class more the "this is the front end, point it that way and look here"

I know just how she feels having left the house less than a dozen times over the past year and always very relieved to get back home and safe.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Dog group (NB not dogging :LOL: ) wold be awesome!

I think it would get members to get together who are not generally attracted to shows or more general rallies.
You could meet here.... ;)

Dog Inn_2reduced.JPG

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Last edited:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Would any of you be interested in a July card making/scrapbooking weekend at Woodside Field. The idea would be simply to share experience and ideas. Bring your own equipment/stash and just spend the weekend all crafting together. (Mrs Quackers certainly has a good selection of cutting machines and a room full of craft bits and bobs and would love to come and join you.) We will put up a canopy and tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices. We want to try this on a small scale to start so we have 5 places available at our CL in Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath. Well that might be 4 as we already have a a Funster wishing to attend from another thread.
Any Interest?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I ran a traditional music weekend a few years ago & when my nerves have recovered I might do another one. :Eeek: It was a great weekend, but triumph was snatched from the jaws of three separate disasters - chief of which was cancellation by the intended venue about a week before the event.

It was a mixed interest weekend - billed as Music & Mechanicals. It should have been at the Bubble Car Museum near Boston, which has a campsite attached. Our band had played for a wedding there the year before & we had a great time. But when I contacted them with the final numbers, they suddenly realised that they had double-booked us.

Fortunately, the Aero Club down the road at Boston Airfield came to our rescue, so we still had the Mechanicals, although in a slightly different form. Bubble car rides had been on the agenda, but some people now went one better & went flying instead!

Organising musicians, both funsters & invited locals, made herding cats look a doddle & the weather was iffy, but I think nearly all who were there look back on the weekend with fond memories.
It was a great meet Simon :giggle: very special memories!

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Would any of you be interested in a July card making/scrapbooking weekend at Woodside Field. The idea would be simply to share experience and ideas. Bring your own equipment/stash and just spend the weekend all crafting together. (Mrs Quackers certainly has a good selection of cutting machines and a room full of craft bits and bobs and would love to come and join you.) We will put up a canopy and tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices. We want to try this on a small scale to start so we have 5 places available at our CL in Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath. Well that might be 4 as we already have a a Funster wishing to attend from another thread.
Any Interest?
Could be only 3 spare spaces now, Sue just needs to check dates, can you confirm date please,
I will bring books & booze, my version of a good "B&B" :giggle:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Any Interest?
We are looking at the first weekend in July Friday 2nd - Monday 5th July, although that is not fixed if the date prevents people attending.

1 Pops 1
2 joe and sue

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Fortunately, the Aero Club down the road at Boston Airfield came to our rescue, so we still had the Mechanicals, although in a slightly different form.
And we still managed to have a great time. (y)

but I think nearly all who were there look back on the weekend with fond memories.
Absolutely Simon, and it would be great if we could do that one again, if possible. :)

It was a great meet Simon :giggle: very special memories!
Ditto that Debs, wholeheartedly. 💜

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Would love to join a MOTOR bike meet, providing those that come on a proper old English bike don't laugh at my Gold Wing................and no lycra lads.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Golf ? perhaps a midweek meet up, I seem to think there was a golf group but it looks like it has disappeared
I'm always considering if can get a game in at course near to any site I go to.
There is Somers Wood site in Meriden that is next to a course and slap bang in the middle of uk. I would be interested in running one next year as will deffo be retired then. Any this year will do my best to be there.
I'm a professional artist, used to giving talks and demonstrations. I also offer watercolour masterclasses. I have all the equipment and materials so it's ideal for anyone who just wants to 'have a go'.
I'm not sure if you're looking for people to donate time and expertise though. This is how I pay the bills so I'd have to charge... sorry 🙂
If enough interest shown the attendees could chip in I'm sure.
Crochet,knitting, photograph, painting, food and gin! Would interest me! Badknee would just like the food I think!!
4 out of six for me I'll keep Badknee company when the 1st 2 are on.😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back